ALLWAYS-ON Freelight - Now with pen clip!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Well, after Alans' challenge, I just couldn't sit back. So I put on my modding cap, and after whole minutes of careful design, came up with the following stylish yet practical concepts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Graham,

When I came home after a particularly rough day and saw your mods I laughed out loud, to the point where my girlfriend came in from the kitchen to see what was so funny.

Thank you!

Alan,
your stuff was equally brilliant but there was something about the sight of that big clamp on that poor little light that I found hilarious.

Brightnorm

Darell

Flashaholic
That would be the *sissy* little clamp that you found so funny? Hmmm. Your insubordination has been duly noted.

Oh, and Alan - I forgot to mention earlier: Your images are truly inspired. I especially like the surfing light. You get no demerits.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Sissy little clamp"?? Bah.
Hey, I said mine was *stylish*. It has style, unlike that hulking over-engineered imitation of yours.
Anyway, how could anyone EDC that thing?

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
Actually, that clamp is big enough so that when it is used with the FreeLight in the classic headlight position, the clamp simply carries itself. The worry still exists of permanently implanting the pressure pad in the brain, so a set-screwed stop collar would have to be added to the kit before I'd be willing to bring it to market. To keep the weight manageable, we could probably have Don machine a delicate little Ti collar that would contrast nicely with the more "rustic" finish of my superior clamp. To offset the added weight of the Ti collar (when used as an EDC headlight), I'd be inclined to suggest using only one freelight at a time, instead of my original ganged idea.

bwcaw

Enlightened
Uh oh... You guys have gotten darell started.......
grin.gif