Alternative to TM26?

Elfis

Newly Enlightened
I want a bright handheld light with good wide flood and have been trying to research good options. The Nitecore Tiny Monster 26 looks good, but I fear I may not like the one-button operation. Are there any better options? Bright, wide beam, and smallish size are more important than runtime.

Elfis

Newly Enlightened
Now I am leaning toward the niwalker nova mm15 (great review on the forum). Are there any other contenders of this type (smallish, bright, wide beam)?

a1mu1e

Newly Enlightened
Well, there's the eagletac sx25l3... It's about half as bright as the nova, and bigger... There's the SRK, but you're obviously looking at high end lights. There are a couple of other multi-XML SRK-shaped (better) lights, like the TM26. I think the TM26 is the smallest of the bunch, though. IMHO, the Nova seems like the BEST choice for brightness in a small body. The thing is tiny, and has 2 MT-G2s. It's very floody, because of the shallow reflector, but if that's what you're looking for, that really seems like the absolute best choice. It's much brighter than the Nitecore in turbo, and as for size: see for yourself... TM26: Length: 142mm / Head diameter: 68 mm / Weight: 438g (without battery) Nova: Dimensions: 114mm(length) / 64mm(head diameter) / Weight: 360g (without battery)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Something you need to bare in mind regarding the mm15(which is awesome by the way)is run times,you wont be able to run the mm15 on turbo for long periods(few minutes),so for longer use 2000lm mode 5 will be used mainly due to heat.

Also depends too on what kind of throw you need,if you dont need 100s of yards or so throw, then the mm15 will be more than sufficient with huge wall of light.

tm26 is a unique light in its own way,with the oled display for voltage/temps etc so a tough comparison for me as 2 different lights although both small WOW factor lights.

Also Imalent dd4r which is similar to the tm26................dont know how good long term it would be..........just another thought
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...0-8xCR123A)-Touch-Screen-Review-RUNTIME-VIDEO

makapuu

Enlightened
I pretty much have all the lights mentioned above, 2 MM15's 1 domed and 1 dedomed, EagleTac SX25L3 as well as the MX25L3, the Nitecore TM26 (older XM-L U2 version). I sold my SRK, but I had the supposed good version from CN with the 3 torrid driver. So it may come as a surprise what I would recommend. You may want to consider getting the modded Supfire M6 from Mountain Electronics. The mod options won't be available again till 5/19. But if I remember correctly the last time the prices were posted, the top mod was about 40 something dollars. I don't know if Richard is going to raise the prices for the mods. But if he doesn't, I think at under $90.00 for light and mod, you would be getting some pretty good bang for your buck considering the components used for the mods as well as the tint options. Don't get me wrong, the other lights mentioned are excellent, my MM15's (Vinh modded) output literally drops my jaws. But the modded M6 from Mountain is a fraction of the cost of all the other lights except the SRK. But the build quality of the M6 is far superior to the SRK. Just trying to keep your wallet happy. :D

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My buddy and I just ordered the Supfire M6 Mod. 2s today along with 4 each, Samsung 25R button tops. He ordered his with the XM-L2 U2 1A tint and I ordered mine with T6 3C tint.

Should be fun.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

CAMike

Newly Enlightened
My buddy and I just ordered the Supfire M6 Mod. 2s today along with 4 each, Samsung 25R button tops. He ordered his with the XM-L2 U2 1A tint and I ordered mine with T6 3C tint.

Should be fun.

Chris

YUP! Can't wait for it to arrive. I hope I didn't make a mistake going with the 1A tint. I read some other threads and it sounds like your 3C tint may be a longer throwing light. I'll have to make a trip to your next of the woods to do a side by side comparison between the tints. I couldn't find any tint comparisons for this M6 via Google.

If anyone has any beam shots of either the 1A or 3C from mountainelectronics tint please do share! Thanks.

Mike

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
Thrunite TN30. Half the price, 3338 lumens, magnetic control ring, rear clicky on/off switch. Nice and compact. No whistles or bells. But a good TM26 is a nice light. TN32 has great throw and a nice big hot spot with decent spill.