Am I crazy for wanting another L1?

afraidofdark

Enlightened
I just counted: FOUR L1s. Cree, red, green Lux's, and an amber ML1.

How can you not love a light that is so small, so bombproof, and works so well?? And it comes in different colors (or used to) :laughing:

You gotta have at least ONE more!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have yet to touch one, Lionel! you were supposed to let me see your L1, oh well, lol

Crenshaw

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I've seen and heard about the ML1, I'd wait and save up a little extra to go for one of those rather than another stock L1.

Slightly OT, but does anyone think Scott will upgrade the ML1 to a Q5 at some point in the near future?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. I've got a coughcouple ML1's as well, plus a stocker that's fun to leave on all the time just to abuse it. I found a couple gen 1 demo's as well.

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Fenix made an L1, the short-lived non-premium version of the L1p. The L1p was the one-level AA light that made them take off like a rocket and in some sense was the best light they ever made.

Surefire L1: hmm, always seemed like a nice light to be but too big for a 1 cell light. I think I'd rather have a McLux III PD which has sort of a family resemblance.

scottaw

Enlightened
Scott will put any emitter you want in your light, each one is built just for you. Just tell him what brightness you would like and what kind of tint. Mine's a seoul uswoh, about 100 lumens on high, about 5 on low, and perfect color rendition.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott will put any emitter you want in your light, each one is built just for you. Just tell him what brightness you would like and what kind of tint. Mine's a seoul uswoh, about 100 lumens on high, about 5 on low, and perfect color rendition.

Please forgive me for being a newbie, but who is this Scott character and where do I find more info about his custom lights? Like, how much they cost, what they look like, build quality, etc.

Thanks,
Rob

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you buy a Milky L1 TIR directly from them or do you have to buy an L1 and send it to them for modification?

Thanks

Bill

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're crazy wanting another L1.

*cough*Igotthree*cough*

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: LOL !!

I bought my first SF L1 Cree in Christmas, and I want another one too! So, I am "crazy" too, I guess...

But I will wait a little, just because I got one with a little greenish tint (nothing wrong about it, I know...) but I would prefer the next one with a ICE COLD WHITE tint.

Zenster

Enlightened
As long as we're talking about the L1...

Can someone tell me what's so different about the early L1's with regard to using them as a host for Milky mods?
Has the (internal) design of the L1 changed so much that you can't use the newest ones as a Milky host?

Just wondering...

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two things. First....A lot of people like the design of the original L1's, and second....The modding of that original L1 is how Milky got the notoriety he has now. That said, I have had him modify two of the newest CREE L1's. So, the answer is....Milky can modify any of the incarnations of the L1.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Robert! Don't forget your CC number, Scott's mod's are addicting for sure!

BSBG

Enlightened
I got a one of a kind ML-1, then a standard ML-1, then a used Gen 4 ML-1, then sold the prototype and bought an L1 Cree, then finally another ML-1 from the latest batch. I think that makes cough*4*cough :naughty:

Supernam

Enlightened
You guy's are all crazy. *hides ML-1 in pocket. :crackup:

I think Scott should start his own flashlight company. Think about, he drastically improves on Paul Kim's work.