AmazonBasics AA batteries

radunn

Newly Enlightened
I have four (4) AmazonBasics AA batteries. I go to charge them in my Maha-Powerex C9000 charger and every function the charger is set on produces "HIGH' for these batteries. Are they useless? Also what does the "1.2v min 2400mah" mean on batteries?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the batteries you are trying to charge the nimh batteries you are referring to or are they the regular Amazon basics alkaline? Been seen a lot over the years so don’t take offense. Alkalines don’t go in chargers. 2400 mah is how much run time the battery gives you. 1.2v is the voltage of a nimh battery so I’m hoping that’s what you were charging and not just what you are looking to buy.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are AB alkalines as well as nimh. lets give the guy a benefit of a doubt, he's been here for 10 years, safe to assume he knows not to charge alkalines, and the ones in question are nimh.
As for original question, looks like they are shot, amazon is no battery manufacturer, they put their labels on products of unknown origin, it s a lotto. But based on experience of 1000's of people on this forum and others, get eneloops, unless you get fake ones, you will have no issues with them.

Dave_H

Enlightened
I have four (4) AmazonBasics AA batteries. I go to charge them in my Maha-Powerex C9000 charger and every function the charger is set on produces "HIGH' for these batteries. Are they useless? Also what does the "1.2v min 2400mah" mean on batteries?
How long have these been in use, how many times charging?

Dave

Dave_H

Enlightened
How long have these been in use, how many times charging?

Dave
Reason I ask is older cells with higher internal resistance at some point do not like charging at high rate. I notice C9000 charger has
programmable charge rate; what rate are you using? If it's fairly high, you could try reducing it. I keep low-rate chargers (even "dumb" chargers) around for cells like these, they are still good but need special care.

Dave