An evening walk with the Haiku XP-G

carrot

carrot

Flashaholic
Carrot, have you been using your PD-S to clean the garbage disposal again? Dammit, what did I tell you? They make special brushes for that sort of thing.
You should try it yourself. It's more effective than it sounds!

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
There is a thread - I should have got the link before I started to write this - but search works - where someone takes a spill on a motorcycle at 60 mph with a Ti McGizmo - photos of after and then after it gets polished (very well) up.....

I highly recommend the Ti-PD-S

Neale

run4jc

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
There is a thread - I should have got the link before I started to write this - but search works - where someone takes a spill on a motorcycle at 60 mph with a Ti McGizmo - photos of after and then after it gets polished (very well) up.....

I highly recommend the Ti-PD-S

Neale

+1 on the Ti PD S - although there are 4 Haikus in my collection. The XPG is a user as is the XRE - the 2 Bead Blasted are shelf queens and are collector's items.

As for the thread nfetterly mentions, it's HERE - you have to scroll WAY down to see before/after pics. One of the best reviews I've ever read on a light (on an LS20), and it, along with recommendations by fyrstormer, started me on a path that has seen me end of with 7 'gizmos plus a 2x123 ti McClicky pak and a ti C pak in my collection! :eek:

You made a great choice! :twothumbs

Scottiver

Scottiver

Enlightened
I usually have a couple of older (but still nice) lights in the glove box of each of my cars as backups to my backups. They at least make really nice spare battery holders. :)
I love my McGizmo's, but I baby them. They still get used every night, but I'd be heartbroken if I were to drop one on the pavement.
If I need a light while doing a dirty job, i've got plenty of less valuable lights for that duty. :eek:

BigHonu

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually have a couple of older (but still nice) lights in the glove box of each of my cars as backups to my backups. They at least make really nice spare battery holders. :)
I love my McGizmo's, but I baby them. They still get used every night, but I'd be heartbroken if I were to drop one on the pavement.
If I need a light while doing a dirty job, i've got plenty of less valuable lights for that duty. :eek:

You should just do it. Get that first ding/scratch out of the way and move forward. The first one is always hard to get over, but after that, you get to use a fine tool as it was meant to be used!

carrot

carrot

Flashaholic
You should just do it. Get that first ding/scratch out of the way and move forward. The first one is always hard to get over, but after that, you get to use a fine tool as it was meant to be used!
Yep, that first ding for me came from bouncing off asphalt while I was riding my bike in nasty weather. After that, the gloves come off and it's time to really use it.

fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
Having done exactly that, I can tell you there's nothing to fear. A six-foot drop onto concrete left my Haiku looking exactly the same to everyone's eyes but mine, and even I have to feel around to find the tiny little dings on the tailcap.