AND THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

scout24

Flashaholic
Should I call Mrs. Scout a thread killer because she sews and quilts like a mad woman? We just got her a 36 watt Ottlight floor lamp, and an old Singer Featherlite 221 to start her back into her hobby. Her having to rebuild her craft room from scratch is going to take a long time, but she loves the journey...

What is amusing & is giving me a smile right now, is that us thread killers from the other thread have now showed up here at the TK thread. Ya gotta admit there is some irony there. :)

I made a promise right before that thread had run its course, or I'da been here sooner. Just waited for the air to clear.

Define irony -

~ Chance
One of the Usual Suspects

Should I call Mrs. Scout a thread killer because she sews and quilts like a mad woman? We just got her a 36 watt Ottlight floor lamp, and an old Singer Featherlite 221 to start her back into her hobby. Her having to rebuild her craft room from scratch is going to take a long time, but she loves the journey...

That makes Mrs. Scout a Thread Quilter.

Thanks CPF for eight years of suffering my silliness.

~ Chance

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we're not on the subject, I only thought today, how much better an experience it is using CPF now it's on its new server.
Thank you Greta, the hard work was not in vain.
P

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm just quietly going to mention that CPF has an Official Thread killer. Or did all of you forget?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's amazing this thread's been going strong, for what? ... 6 plus years now!

One thing I've learned about being a "Thread Killer" is, it just happens. Thread gets pushed back, then fades into obscurity. Finding it's self in the cold dark CPF archives (cold. but never lonely though, as there are many such threads to keep each other company).

Geez, that kind of sounds depressing don't it? ... lol

Pops

OK, I hope this will give some of yous a smile!

mOc2H0o.jpg

He don't gotta name yet, though. I've been calling him, kid, or kiddo,

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, Unless this doesn't apply, or has never happened to you. I have another does this happen to you?;

While reading a thread. A member asks a question, which you may have the answer, or if not a direct answer. A recommendation, or to offer an option, if they can't find what they're looking for.

Anyways, you post your post. Then nothing happens, no response, nadah! Thread keeps rolling on, like you weren't there! All your post did, was ad to your post count.

The insignificance is deafening! .... :laughing:

Pops

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's funny is, he totally tore into the blinds. It was busted, so what the heck, I left it down. Well, until I got tired of picking up the pieces. I pulled it up! It's all mangled and such, but it's up, an I don't have to clean up the mess! ... :laughing:

Pops

Indoor cats love to L@@K outdoors. Mini blinds, especially the vinyl ones, are no match for kitty. I've seen it time and again on some rental properties I maintain. Whenever I was at one of the properties, I'd see kitty sitting in the window with just enough slats broken out to accommodate kitty's sitting upright profile. Funny thing was, when the tenant moved out, they never knew what caused the damage.

~ CG

GnZN9g4.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
This randomly popped into my head today. I think it was from SNL years ago. Classic!! LOL!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
BTW, Unless this doesn't apply, or has never happened to you. I have another does this happen to you?;

While reading a thread. A member asks a question, which you may have the answer, or if not a direct answer. A recommendation, or to offer an option, if they can't find what they're looking for.

Anyways, you post your post. Then nothing happens, no response, nadah! Thread keeps rolling on, like you weren't there! All your post did, was ad to your post count.

The insignificance is deafening! .... :laughing:

Pops

Had that happen to me far too many times to count.

OK, I don't feel so bad now! It seemed like it only happened to me! ... :laughing: :laughing:

Pops

If I was to hazard a guess, it's due to younger generations feeling they're entitled to free information rather than thanking people that take the time and effort to share what they've learned. Seems they don't realize where all the information on the internet comes from. Darn fool kids! GET OFF MY LAWN! :rant:

~ Chance

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can remember a post on here where the gut said something like, "What's the answer to this, I can't be bothered to look it up".
Like his time is more important than anyone elses'.
You nailed it CG, entilement.
Harrumpf.
P

Latest posts