AND THE OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER IS .....

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The ringtone for when Mrs Fixer is (paraphrashing) "are you calling me on a cellular phone, I don't know you, who is this, prank caller prank caller".
When she texts I hear "they speak English in what?"

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

200.gif

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

You want cheap, well its been in the low 50s' or colder in my house for the last six days,
this morning it was 49.

Too cheap to turn on my heat.

....seems like just a couple weeks ago I wasn't able to sleep 'cause it was over 80.

that's cheap!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Heating Oil Man filled our tank today. Heating oil is $5.29.9 a gallon. Thank God we also have a pellet stove. :bowdown:
I'm guessing that's $5.29 a gallon and not $5,299 instead.
If it's the latter, better off selling the house and getting a nice apartment.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The tenth of a penny should be eliminated. It was developed back when gasoline was a new commodity and they'd adjust the price by the tenth of a penny. For some reason the 9/10th of a penny stuck.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Back when hurricane Isabel hit the area where I lived, I was in between apartments so I stayed at my brothers. His house was all electric. ie no stove or microwave. I said "hey we've got a charcoal grill, we won't starve, woohoo!!" He said "I'm low on charcoal". I said "dude, you heat with wood and live next to the forest". He said "oh yeah, good point".

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's enough dead underbrush in Cali BLM to literally burn down the State.
BLM meaning "bureau of land management"?

I was reading about Cali a while back and how in 1900 it was estimated that between 100,000 and a million acres burning naturaly each year was normal but by 2000 humans had what they thought was a better plan. We see how that's working out, huh?

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
BLM meaning "bureau of land management"?

I was reading about Cali a while back and how in 1900 it was estimated that between 100,000 and a million acres burning naturaly each year was normal but by 2000 humans had what they thought was a better plan. We see how that's working out, huh?
In 1900, the Cleveland National Forest averaged 16 trees per acre. Then we started to practice fire suppression, putting out the fires immediately instead of letting them burn themselves out in clustered areas. Fast forward to 2000, we had well over 100 trees per acre. When a fire spreads, it now has plenty of fuel to continue to more areas. Our idea of forest maintenance has brought us to increasing risk of disaster.