Another 500 lumen HID? Lightarms

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hm ... 4x123 ... tempting.
But then again ... this is a chinese manufacturer and their website isn*t too confidence-inspiring ...
Anyone know more?
bernhard

mokona2

Enlightened
I'd be interested in this one if anyone could dig up more information on this HID. Wasn't Wolf-Eyes working on a follow-on product after the Dragon-I? Could this be it?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. Dont have the $340 to drop on another light though,

Shane

Jerimoth

Newly Enlightened
Would this be a good alternative to the SF M6? With 2 hour run-time, and fewer batts. Not clear if it takes rechargables.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It said there was a Li-Ion pack available so rechargable yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You could also probably use 3 R123's and a dummy cell in the 4x123 pack to get you 12v in place of the standard 4x123's which would be 12v. Just make sure you use cells that are protected against overdischarge and you should be fine. Although i dont know what the current draw is.

Shane

Atomlite

Newly Enlightened
Too good to be true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The spec says handheld tactical flashlight and can perform momentary on/off. What happen to the start-up and restart time?......

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing to consider, There are some HID lights that are not able to be imported into the country as they violate FCC rules. RF emmisions is a problem. Shielding cost is likely to make the Beast a little more expensive than it otherwise would have been.

Jerimoth

Newly Enlightened
I might except for the fact that a. their site is unintelligible b.coming from China i could be sending my money into a black hole.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I really hope there will be more and most of all, smaller CR123 powered mini-HID lights in the 500lm range ...
... legend has it that Lupine are doping one also ...
bernhard

Jerimoth

Newly Enlightened
I have the Lupine HID headlamp...no idea how many lumens, but gives out more light than the modded Tigerlight85. Hope you're right Bernhard.