Another Mountain Electronics SolarForce flashlight.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got the body free with another purchase from SolarForce. Combined that with extra parts in the house and a MT Electronics Warm P60 Drop-in. Inexpensive so don't need to worry about it like a nice C2. Not that it's not ok but you know what I mean. I tested the body when empty and it was waterproof.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=86

adrFnYR.jpg

cT570bx.jpg

2PybBhN.jpg

Good beam profile with some throw.

p9UeRSh.jpg

UD57KvR.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Did you have any connectivity issues using the MtElec drop in with a SolarForce?

Every type of drop in I've used in one had to be slightly modified to work. Easy enough to do using various methods.
I was just curious if your drop in needed any.

Thanks for the thread.

Btw, my favorite fix is a gap filler between the lens and module like an o-ring or Malkoff Scout head adapter to push the module a bit farther into the Solar Force. Others have ideas that work too (like wrapping the module with foil), but that's the way that works best for me.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I wrapped this in Al foil but don't remember having a problem when testing a 4-Mode NW. Then again only ran it for a short time before wrapping that as well. Seems to be pushing against the window just fine. I did need to add an outer spring from a cheap LED drop-in to make a Malkoff work in the SolarForce.