Another newbie with a L1D-CE

williamv0123

Newly Enlightened
Been nosing around the forum, but first post. Just got the new Fenix yesterday and I must say this light rocks.
buttrock.gif
The head seems good, and little if any artifacts, just the slightly darker ring. Emitter is well centered.
I guess I need the 2AA body now
rolleye11.gif
...Jeez, this disease is worse than pocket knives.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to be ordering an L1D-CE and L2D-CE ... I decided that I may aswell splash out on two fully functional lights rather than 1 head and 2 bodies... more costly but it also means you can grab the L2D-CE as your primary light when heading out at night and the L1D-CE as backup :D

I'm glad you like your L1D-CE - and yes this "disease" is far worse than pocket knives ^_^

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
williamv0123 said:
I guess I need the 2AA body now
rolleye11.gif
...Jeez, this disease is worse than pocket knives.
Welcome to CPF Williamv. Please bear in mind that Zipplet is absolutely right: it is much better to buy another complete flashlight than just parts therof.
Take my most recent case: I have a brand new Lumapower M3 and cannot decide which setup I like best, so I keep on exchanging bodies and making comparisons. Maybe I should buy two more lights and just keep one complete for each setup.

BTW I consider myself bitten by the bug....:naughty:

williamv0123

Newly Enlightened
You guys are right, I probably would be happier with the whole unit. Now if only my wife shared my enthusiasm for torches:awman: .
Still, at 19.95..that tube assy looks tempting.
BTW I almost pulled the trigger on that M1...That LumaPower line is sweet!