• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Antique Hurricane Lanterns retrofitted to Powerful Rechargeable LED - For Sale

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
UPDATED 15 September, 2016

I am currently out of business.

Thank you for your support and interest.

Cheers,
Barou

Last edited:

vx000

Enlightened
I'll take the BAT. Just let me know where to send funds and what the total with shipping to the US is!

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
In continuance of the our PM talk, i am soon (in a month or more) brewing another vintage batch of lanterns. Certain features will be the same and certain will change.. mass production is not my interest ( i am not a factory line) rather than making unique artifacts.

For some photos and more comments visit my thread under lanterns here in the CPF http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ted-Rechargeable-LED-Hurricane-Lanterns/page2

vx000

Enlightened
Thought I would reply here rather than in the CPF http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Lanterns/page2, as those CPFers primarily interested in lanterns have probably already discovered Mr. Baroutologos' work....

If you haven't already read his Lantern thread or taken a peak at his blog (http://rechargeable-led-lantern.com), I encourage you to do so. Although I'm mostly a flashflight guy, I purchased one of the lights after stumbling upon this thread and couldn't be happier. The level of effort and attention to detail Mr. Baroutologos has put into restoring and redesigning these lanterns is truly impressive. Good as they are, the pictures do not capture how wonderful the finished product is.

I've been using my lantern almost continuously for two weeks since it arrived and can honestly say there is nothing in the design I would change. The choice of emitters is perfect - lovely warm tint, reminiscent of hurricane lanterns from my youth. You have full control over the range, from a very low dim to the full output (350+). There are lots of well-thought out details from the low-power warning light, to the controller cutoff, to the frosting on the glass, to the packaging it arrives in.

These are really spectacular pieces of work, well-worth the modest price! And Mr. Baroutologos is a pleasure to deal with and a man of infectious enthusiasm. Looking forward to the next wave!

Very best wishes,
Dave

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
vxoo great review on the lantern. These things are friggin cool. Looking forward to getting one. I like you stumbled on the thread and have been thinking of them ever since.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
How do I get one.

I love hurricane lamps, I'm not a collector but I have a solid brass Dietz No. 76 that is a favorite piece of summertime deck ambiance gear. I burn it nightly when the weather warms up, and I burn citronella + cedar oil that keeps the skeeters at bay. I have a couple glass ones but nothing is like my Dietz.

I'd pay good money for a classic hurricane double vented metal lamp like my Dietz with a twist of Lion and LED technology.

I'd love to have one for my RV campsite that I have during the camping season for general illumination.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
@ above

I love all lanterns too! Oil of citronela and cedar as a fuel? :)

check your PM

Cheers,
Barou

Last edited:

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would reply here rather than in the CPF http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...Lanterns/page2, as those CPFers primarily interested in lanterns have probably already discovered Mr. Baroutologos' work....
... These are really spectacular pieces of work, well-worth the modest price! And Mr. Baroutologos is a pleasure to deal with and a man of infectious enthusiasm. Looking forward to the next wave!

Very best wishes,
Dave

I am astonished by your kinds words Dave. I am very excited that you liked it so much!
Sorry for the delayed response.

Cheers,
Panos

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great catch, guys!

Wow, the bare metal finish on the Dietz Little Wizard looks amazing! Superb workmanship, Panos!

Baroutologos

Newly Enlightened
Apollogies for not mentioning shipping costs in the second selling post in the first place and allowing creating misunderstandings. I am very sorry and beg your undestanding.

Post reviewed