anxiety disorders suck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
been haveing issues im always nervess in the day time even at home. im just wired that way. been going to dentist and she is very kind but she knows im nerves and ask me to relax which makes me even more nervess lol...i pray someday my mind is normal

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
My advise would be to donate to your favorite televangelist. I know when Pat Robertson was in business donating to him always made me feel ecstatic.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dentist has many years of experience.
He says he has never seen as many dental problems as he has in the past two years.
All problems due to grinding teeth due to tension, he recommends using a mouth guard to everyone and despite this there are still problems.
He has seen damaged teeth from excessive closure even in people such as priests or nuns.
As they have already suggested, magnesium can help, even natural products such as hawthorn, passion flower, valerian.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
5-HTP also called Griffonia (it can be extracted from there) can work on many people but in my experience not on all.
Acts on Seretonin production (contains a precursor)
I think it is better to start with Magnesium and in addition to add natural supplements such as Hawthorn, Valerian and Passiflora.
There are also tablets that contain all three of these herbs.
Hawthorn seems effective on all people, can be taken for long periods without problems and is also good for the heart (many cardiologists recommend it)
Edit: in case of anxiety or severe stress it is also good to take all the group B vitamins

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
5-HTP also called Griffonia (it can be extracted from there) can work on many people but in my experience not on all.
Acts on Seretonin production (contains a precursor)
I think it is better to start with Magnesium and in addition to add natural supplements such as Hawthorn, Valerian and Passiflora.
There are also tablets that contain all three of these herbs.
Hawthorn seems effective on all people, can be taken for long periods without problems and is also good for the heart (many cardiologists recommend it)
Edit: in case of anxiety or severe stress it is also good to take all the group B vitamins
If you have vitamin absorbsion issues like celiac disease (like me), just taking a bunch of B vitamins is a bad idea. Vitamin B2 is needed to break down vitamin B6. If you have a Vitamin B2 deficiency (ironically B2 is in things like bread which I can't eat), You end up with vitamin B6 toxicity which causes neurological problems. If you're going to take B vitamins, start with lower dose ones and see if it helps or you have a bad reaction. Adjust your actions accordingly. By the way, B vitamins give you energy. If you're lacking it, they may help. In that case, perhaps also a ginseng complex pill may help as well (I prefer the Vitacost's Ginseng Extract Complex with American, Siberian, and Asian Ginseng, and Ashwagandha). If you're wound up and energetic, don't take B vitamins or ginseng as it could make things worse. For heart health, COQ-10 helps.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this talk about nutrition & medication is nothing more then a coping mechanism. The cold hard truth about mental illness & disorders is that no change in diet and no pills are ever going to help. It is attractive to think that because it shifts the blame away from you and onto outside circumstances. Its not ME that is the problem, its the food. It promises quick and easy solutions to complex mental problems.

The only thing that will ever help is recognizing that the core of the issue lies within YOU, accepting that responsibility, and WANTING to change. If someone cannot do that, nothing else will help. A way will always follow a will, but never the other way around. That is my experience from a lifetime of mental illness.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have vitamin absorbsion issues like celiac disease (like me), just taking a bunch of B vitamins is a bad idea. Vitamin B2 is needed to break down vitamin B6. If you have a Vitamin B2 deficiency (ironically B2 is in things like bread which I can't eat), You end up with vitamin B6 toxicity which causes neurological problems. If you're going to take B vitamins, start with lower dose ones and see if it helps or you have a bad reaction.
I wouldn't want this discussion to go OT but I didn't know this but the exact opposite.
Indeed here if you are celiac they encourage supplementation of vitamin B because they say if you are celiac you have malabsorption.
There is even a study, you can find it easily and it is also present on PubMed.
Search: "Effect of B vitamin supplementation on plasma homocysteine levels in celiac disease"

Yes, the Q10 is good every now and then I take it too, but if you want to laugh I'll tell you that when I was hospitalized I heard doctors say everything and the opposite of everything.
Some said that Q10 and vitamin D are very good and should always be taken, another says "they are useless, they are just a trend"
A nurse present shortly afterwards in a whisper told me "medicine is an opinion and not a science"

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
As someone with celiac disease, I have a prescription for vitamin B2 and B12, not B6. If you can't absorb B2, B6 should not be supplemented so don't take the multi B-50 or B-100 vitamins.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this talk about nutrition & medication is nothing more then a coping mechanism. The cold hard truth about mental illness & disorders is that no change in diet and no pills are ever going to help. It is attractive to think that because it shifts the blame away from you and onto outside circumstances. Its not ME that is the problem, its the food. It promises quick and easy solutions to complex mental problems.

The only thing that will ever help is recognizing that the core of the issue lies within YOU, accepting that responsibility, and WANTING to change. If someone cannot do that, nothing else will help. A way will always follow a will, but never the other way around. That is my experience from a lifetime of mental illness.
Mind over matter..

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anxiety is a product of stress. Stress from lack of sleep, watching too much scary news, dealing with life changing decisions, poor diet and gut health, can all attribute to anxiety. From that perspective, making better life choices can help if you can avoid blaming yourself for past mistakes that lead to the anxiety, in which case would just make things worse. It's also important to note that sometimes life just sucks and it leaves us with developing diseases and conditions that are out of our control and not our fault. When you develop anxiety, don't blame yourself for it. Don't let anyone else blame you for it, and don't be afraid to go get professional help for it.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
Anxiety is a product of stress. Stress from lack of sleep, watching too much scary news, dealing with life changing decisions, poor diet and gut health, can all attribute to anxiety. From that perspective, making better life choices can help if you can avoid blaming yourself for past mistakes that lead to the anxiety, in which case would just make things worse. It's also important to note that sometimes life just sucks and it leaves us with developing diseases and conditions that are out of our control and not our fault. When you develop anxiety, don't blame yourself for it. Don't let anyone else blame you for it, and don't be afraid to go get professional help for it.
That's funny. Coming down from a certain drug was the number one cause of every single case of anxiety I have ever witnessed in my entire life. All of them needed a trip to the emergency room.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's funny. Coming down from a certain drug was the number one cause of every single case of anxiety I have ever witnessed in my entire life. All of them needed a trip to the emergency room.
Sounds like the source of stress that caused your anxiety was withdrawal. That can effect how the brain and body functions. I'd consider getting off a drug a life changing decision that may effect sleep and gut health (depending on the drug).