Any Interest in Starting a New "Weekly Challenge" Series?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Please, please, please pretty please with sugar on top. Anything but that!!

Anyway I'll up you on that Attic, one light that only has one setting……:D

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
or an NiMH only week? maybe a Cr123 (or equiv) week?
a AAA or AA only week? I`d say a `C` cell week but so few people seems to have those these days.

I`ll up both of those, How about a Maglite Solitaire incan week, 2 whole lumens or raw photonic energy! :D

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
What about a challenge to only use a single light for the week?

Yikes; that really would be an interesting challenge!

I imagine it would also be a good test for anyone with a emergency/bugout bag, if they haven't tested it recently. Actually, there's another challenge idea in that: use only the light(s) in your emergency supplies (whatever that means for you) for a week.

Or: go a week on a single battery without recharging? (Swapping it between multiple lights if you want to.)

Anyway I'll up you on that Attic, one light that only has one setting……:D

I like this idea too; using only single-mode lights for a week would make for an interesting challenge.

parang

Newly Enlightened
Some fun ideas. I would enjoy a "there is no light switch" challenge. Use only your flashlights for a week. For everything. Everywhere. It might be very hard to do if you think about it. Even if you stay at home and never go anywhere, it would take some thinking ahead and planning.. Maybe even impossible for some.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've actually done that, but it wasn't by choice!

One week without power after major storms blew through.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here's an idea:
The government just outlawed owning more than one flashlight. They bursted through your door and forced you to pick one, just one. Which would it be?
The challenge would be to pick your most useful lighting tool. Not most used, or favorite perhaps but the one light that you could use in nearly any scenario.
Being LED tech is what it is today that opens a vast array of possibilities for a lot of us. Yet for some it may prove daunting. There have been many threads here about picking one light and many of us posted our thoughts. But how many actually did it?

Now to the actual challenge. Imagine the g-man standing there with a tazer aimed at you says "pick one" and you whip out your favorite, everyday light and he says "not that one". Uh oh, what would you do then? That would be the challenge. To pick any one light that is not your faithful everyday light (or a duplicate of said light). Say your favorite for this is your trusty Binford QS4520 and you have 3 just like it or you have one made of them made of carbon fiber or recycled pencil shavings. One with 5000k tint and one in 3500 flavor. Nope.
Now it could be the Binford QS4512 from a previous generation of LED technology or one similar like the WoodFire BR549. That would pose a real challenge, huh?

nbp

Flashaholic
That's getting more obscure and subjective. It's simpler when the light itself has to fit into a specific category, as it makes it pretty clear what qualifies and what doesn't. Just my opinion.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hardest part of that challenge is not the week of using the light, but picking one in the first place.

For those of us who over analyze it's problematic. 😊

nbp

Flashaholic
Haha. Well the HDS are the most versatile so I guess they are the ones out, but I am just as happy to carry one of the Haikus, Okluma, BOSSes, Mac, etc. that are in the high use rotation so it's not too much of a blow. I consider them all exceptional EDC lights. But it doesn't narrow down the selection much either. Lol

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next one is coming soon... some people may have tons of choices, others may not have much at all!