any of you into chi fi? Chinese made hifi portable gear?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am. I've got a few goodies. Samson sr850 open back headphones are amazing for $35CAD. For $15 CAD, a pair of KZ zsn pros are the best sounding ear buds I've heard. Blows air pods pro out of the water. Not that people buy air pods for sound quality but they're actually pretty good. I even bought a pair of Bluetooth adapters for those is earbuds. Also a fiio btr5. It's a battery powered Bluetooth Dac/amp. Plug any headphones into it since every phone ditched the 3.5mm jack. But it has Bluetooth or hook it up to usb/lightning

raggie33

*the raggedier*
omg i have the samsons in my ecart i looked at the kzs but they have one model thats all over youtube for haveing drivers that are fake . so i may not get any of the kzs till i find out more

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I didn't care for about the samsons, the ear cups have kind of a small hole inside. The top and bottom of my ear touched the inside which I don't like. But some sheepskin brainwavz XL pads fixed that.
What do you mean by fake drivers? Kz just buys drivers in bulk like other companies. I have three pairs of KZ iems and they're all good so I wouldn't worry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there quite a few videos now i think to self they cant be that dumb but it looks legit

raggie33

*the raggedier*
are the samsons good for rock music? im not into rap or bass music

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly listen to rock. They sound great. But they really shine with video games. The imaging is superb. You can tell exactly where everything is. Like I have $400+ headphones and these are better for that. I'm not a competitive gamer or anything. But they'd be great for someone who was.
They're more of a studio monitor so they're pretty flat in sound signature. For music, the KZs sound better. More bass and more treble. Don't get me wrong though they're good for music. But they're big and goofy looking with a 3M long cable!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my best phones are my sony wh-1000xm4 i got a crazy deal on them used since the cables and case was missing . sound crazy good but i now think blutooth isnt for me

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting video. Not sure how much I believe the guy though. Regardless if the extra drivers make sound you can hear or not, calling them fake seems more for drama than anything. And they sound fantastic regardless so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have the CRN ones he shows second. They're excellent

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the previous xm3. You have a great set of headphones. They're my most used pair. I wear them while driving (I drive for a living) and the noise cancelling is excellent to block the constant drone and rattle from driving. They sound good and work well.
Why is Bluetooth not for you? If you are looking for better audio, going wired won't necessarily get you there. Bluetooth is very good now. You will not notice a difference with the same set of headphones between wired and Bluetooth. I can guarantee it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool ive been into portable audio for so long whats crazy is a pair of headphones i bought in the 80s are still being made they sound great but aint to comfy there koss portopros if i recall

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. They're still pretty popular. That's what I love about hifi. Unlike smart phones and such they stay good. Look into the fiio btr5. It's like $100 usd and can plug any headphones into them. Then you can Bluetooth from it to phone. Or tablet. Or computer. Can also use wired. For up to 24bit 192khz I believe. It's pretty small and you can carry it around the house while your phone is bluetoothing music to it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
been a fiio fan for around a decade i got a super cheap x7 2 for real cheap becuase the screen was broke. but sadly i cant find a new screen .but it still sounds wonderful. for blutooth i think it is becuase my cheap jlab air pops keep disocnecting on my walks and the source is only 1 or 2 feet away.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya. That's bad Bluetooth. Your Sonys work well right? Especially for walking a hate wires. That why I got those wireless adapters. They sound as good as wires but……no wires. Lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sonys are mind blowing sound amazeing but be warned while walking dont trust your ears lol. looks 3 times for a car becuase you sure wont hear it. been a sony fan since my first walkman it was my faverite thing i owned as a kid. now i got some cheap sony earbuds sound great for 8 bucks

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's funny. Probably the best day of my life is when my mom brought me to an electronics store on like my 12th birthday and I got to pick out my own Walkman. I remember feeling bad at the expense(we were not well off) but god I loved that thing. I'd copy cds to tapes to play in it
For walking, I usually wear my air pod pros and put in ambient mode. But I live in a very rural area so it's not very busy and most of my walk is in a wooded area. Let's me hear the birds while enjoying my music.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i was also excited for my first portable mp3 player it was a whole 32 mb lol couldnt even hold a entire cd but i loved it . i kind f recall it was pre usb. it may of used the printer port to add music to it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had a older color fly the cheap one the ui was so darn bad.but i bet they have improvd