Any other (protected) RCR123 as short as AW?

recDNA

Flashaholic
One reason I go with protected 16340 from AW is because they fit any CR123A flashlight I've used them in. I have used other brands that do not fit because they are too long. Once I even crushed one in a D25C and it went into thermal runaway until protection kicked in.

Are there any other good brands as short?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Good question. I bought some PowerKeep's 16340 and they're kinda long, they will not fit 2 cells in my Elzetta 2 cell Bravo, but they will fit (albeit tight) in my Olights s10 and a couple of s1 batons.
The protected Eagletac 16340's do fit in the Bravo but they seem to have lost their capacity pretty quick, not many charge cycles so I thought I would try the Powerkeeps.

akhyar

Enlightened
Olight RCR123 and Soshine RCR123.
I've them, including the protected AW RCR123 and they are about the same length, and can fit into my Olight S1 easily without any problem.
My Keeppower protected RCR123 is a longer than these 3 though

recDNA

Flashaholic
I would guess Olight might be a good brand. I have trouble figuring out the best from spreadsheets so I enjoy discussions with interested members.

My most recent aw rcr123 purchased last December only charges to 4.09 v now whereas 2 others at least 2 years old still charge to 4.18 volts so I'm looking into other brands. The HKJ review also has dampened my long time enthusiasm for AW. Of course the one I got in December was probably just one bad apple.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Olight RCR123 and Soshine RCR123.
I've them, including the protected AW RCR123 and they are about the same length, and can fit into my Olight S1 easily without any problem.
My Keeppower protected RCR123 is a longer than these 3 though
Too bad the keeppower is long. My protected Keeppower 18350 is also too long for my intended use.

akhyar

Enlightened

My most recent aw rcr123 purchased last December only charges to 4.09 v now whereas 2 others at least 2 years old still charge to 4.18 volts so I'm looking into other brands. The HKJ review also has dampened my long time enthusiasm for AW. Of course the one I got in December was probably just one bad apple.

Could be the new batches of AW RCR123 are not as good as the earlier released, just speculating though.
My few years old protected AW RCR123 (four of them) still maintain their charges and capacity, as tested using Opus BT C3100, whereas my Soshine couldn't keep up with them.
The AW used to be the gold standard for Li-Ion batteries few years back, but seems like no longer the case for their recent releases

recDNA

Flashaholic
Fenix ARB L16-700 cells, with protection at positive side look promising. 16x35mm as claimed.
Might be worth a try. Olight batteries are usually expensive although I haven't priced any yet

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
my 700mah Orbs on my digital calipers come in at 34.52 mm long which out of my 16340's is the shortest. Just for kicks my red Efest IMR 16340 just measured 33.04 long

Latest posts