Any Pen light 2x 10400 7.4V or upgrades to 2 aaa?

champagne_charly

Newly Enlightened
I thought i would upgrade a cheap led light to 2x10400.. got light for a split second then a lovely smell of ozone.
I purchased 4batteries and would like to put them to use. The penlight i had had no focus and i cant find anyway to get the original led out.. so it's now sitting in the bin.
So now back at the drawing board, wondering which direction to turn and if 7.4v leds exist for penlights. If so can somebody please point me in the right direction?

cjmorris

Enlightened
The foursevens preon is a nice penlights. Battery Junction has a Terralux penlights on sale buy one get one. Terralux is a pretty nice value brand. Those are the only 2 penlights I would buy. I don't know if they are exactly what you asked for but I think they are your best options for pen lights.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I second to 4Sevens Preon. You may also try the Olight O'Pen. Both lights are great. Check their websites for their respective specs

robert.t

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure none of the suggestions given so far would support 7.2V as per the OP's question. In fact, I doubt any off-the-shelf penlight would, because heat dissipation would be an issue unless the circuit was designed specifically for that configuration only and had some resistance added to stop the LED drawing too much power.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You might consider getting a single AAA light that can take a 10440 such as the eagletacs, foursevens Quarks, or the DQG Mini AAA Cree XP-G2 R5 CW/NW stainless steel 1xAAA/10440/2xAAA EDC Torch flashlight
the batteries can be spares.

Latest posts