• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any pictures of belt worn Haikus?

Gabriel.

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone direct me to a picture of a 2xAA Haiku (or other Haiku) clipped to a waist belt? Are they ever worn like that? Or is the clip only for pocket use? I'm trying to imagine what the light would look like clipped on the belt to show off its fantastic form factor.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Can anyone direct me to a picture of a 2xAA Haiku (or other Haiku) clipped to a waist belt? Are they ever worn like that? Or is the clip only for pocket use? I'm trying to imagine what the light would look like clipped on the belt to show off its fantastic form factor.

I clip it to my pocket, as I wear nice belts, I also think you risk it coming off some place, having some goof find it and say that sure is a weird battery and having it in their kitchen junk drawer for thirty years.

Last edited:

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I usually pocket carry, loose in pocket, the clip stops the light rolling on a surface.

If I do belt carry then it is small of back, light between belt and trousers - less chance of losing it than having it on outside of belt. this is the 1xCR123 body the 2xAA body is, IMO, too long to belt carry.

benchrest

Newly Enlightened
I used to belt clip a mule. It did fall off and was picked up by a coworker who had it in a drawer for ages until another coworker mentioned to him that I had lost it, I had put up a notice with reward lol, and he returned it to me a few days later. Long story short, get the tapped clip and a tether if you want to carry that way. That is how I carry my aquaram. Works well.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I used to belt clip a mule. It did fall off and was picked up by a coworker who had it in a drawer for ages until another coworker mentioned to him that I had lost it, I had put up a notice with reward lol, and he returned it to me a few days later. Long story short, get the tapped clip and a tether if you want to carry that way. That is how I carry my aquaram. Works well.
Ah HA, my thesis is correct, not the kitchen junk drawer, bet the next best thing, no McGizmo should be carried that way!!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tapped clip has a 1/4" threaded hole. It works wonderful for the lanyard or just about any camera type mount. Of course you can go to the hardware store and use some imagination to make whatever mount you may want.
I also loop a Ti zipper pull/lanyard bead on mine with some Para cord 250. You can make whatever length works best for you. A lanyard on a light of this calibre or investment deserves such treatment. It also makes it tons easier to draw quickly when you need it.