Any thoughts on the Silva L1

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been drooling over the Silva L1 for a long long time and I found a place that is selling one (I have it on hold till tomorrow) and it's on sale!!!!

it's still expensive but I know that Silva is the best. But before I spend the $$ I want to know if anyone has used one before and how they liked/disliked it.

thanks
doug

Polaris

Newly Enlightened
diggdug13 said:
I've been drooling over the Silva L1 for a long long time and I found a place that is selling one (I have it on hold till tomorrow) and it's on sale!!!!

it's still expensive but I know that Silva is the best. But before I spend the $$ I want to know if anyone has used one before and how they liked/disliked it.

thanks
doug

Pse see earlier post, which should be at http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=964730&postcount=60

[I am still not conversant with the new forum software. I note that I cannot locate the above-mentioned thread when I do a search for Silva L1.]

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also curious where Doug found it on sale.... However, he did say they only have one and it is on hold for him. :) After he purchases, maybe he can then let us know so we can see if they plan to get anymore at the same price.

Curtis

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw it at XXL at Alnabru a few days ago. If you are still in Norway that is...
Pretty expensive, but looks nice.. I don't think the 3W was on sale. I think Oslo sportslager had the 1W one sale (maybe XXL as well...), but I'm trying to keep my flashlight buying in check for the moment:) If you buy one will you post a review?

Sverre

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sverre,
I forgot to check at XXL, they do have them for cheaper than Anton Sports, so I called Anton Sports (Bekkestua) and they will match the price for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Doug

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was at Bekkestua a few days ago to pick up a few small (and cheap) lights and a K&N racing filter at the post office.
Didn't think to pop by Anton sport as they are usually quite expensive. Used to have a sponsorship deal with Oslo sportslager as well, so always used that shop for sports equipment...

How much did you end up paying for the L1?

Sverre

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sverre,

I'm going to end up paying 842.00 (same price as at XXL) or alittle bit less. They said they would match or beat there price and I'll walk back down to Anton and pick it up today. but with the exchange rate (I'm still paid in USD) it only comes out to 129.00 USD, I also get reimbursed for VAT (thank goodness!!) so all in all it will be around 100.00 USD not a bad price for an L1. :party:

BTW what sport do you do to get sponsored by sportslager? crosscountry?

enjoy
Doug

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basketball. Used to be pretty good. Retired because of too many injuries after the 2004 season..
824 kr wasn't too bad. If I'm called in for extra work that's about 3 hours of work.... Tempting...
Should wait, already have about 5 headlights... mostly use a rechargeable 1W luxeon light, but sometimes a modded Petzl or a regulated 6W halogen light..

Sverre

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sverre,
WoW basketball now that is the LAST sport I would have guessed (no offense). I couldn't make a basket if they lowered the basket to 1 meter off the ground, I really suck at it..lol

As a zoologist are you up in christansen (m/s) at the zoo? I haven't been there yet but my kids really want to make a trip there soon... so it looks like I'll be going there sooner rather than later.

enjoy
doug

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't been there, but I've heard it's nice. Large areas for the animals and some pretty exotic ones as well. I belive most Norwegians would spell it Kristiansand;)
Basketball isn't a large sport in Norway, we've only had one guy play for the Clippers in the NBA (only a few days as well..).

Oslo Sportslager used to give discounts to athletes, I think they still do, but not as good...
I think the best deal we had was with And1, got stuff almost for free:) If they had made good flashlights I would have been a happy camper...

Sverre