Anybody got a TOPs Stryker, will it replace a Surefire G2

Cyblade

Newly Enlightened
My G2 seems to love to eat both batteries and lamps and at 17bux a lamp I'm getting more than alittle tired of this. I was looking at getting the stryker for 20.00 and a few spare lamps for 9.00 each and giving up hope on the surefire. Is there an led light thats got the same kinda power that wont cost an arm and a leg or should I stick with incandescent.

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for reasonable operating costs and decent output, I might suggest either the original Huntlight FT-01 at about $30 with a 18650 rechargable battery for 12 bucks. LED. No bulbs. Good output. Nice beam. Bought my last two Huntlights from www.jsburlys.com.

Alternatively, I bought 3 Fenix L2T AA LED lights for Christmas presents. Not quite as bright as the Huntlight but uses cheap, standard batteries. $40 each from www.fenix-store.com.

Also just hooked up a group buy for the new Jetbeam CREE 1 AA / LED light for $28 but that appears to be closed.

In my mind, having a number of both types of lights, incandescents are most relevant when people want output beyond what LED lights can provide (i..e, > 120 lumens).

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Get the G&P K2 LED, rated as putting out as much or more than the SF LA.
At $17 each, it add's up fast, VS. 1 K2 LED for about $50 and only buy one time.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think LED is the way to go. Just wait, the Crees are here and soon there will be some more options. If you're do decide to go with the TOPs Stryker, you can shoot me a PM if you wish, I've got an aluminum one, NIB.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would use the G2 w an LED drop-in as well unless you must have incan. Those G2
bodies are very tough. I'm pretty sure the Tops Stryker switch that Lighthound sell's
will fit the G2 so it'll click and tailstand. If not the Nextorch switch Emilion sell's I
know will fit a G2 because I have a couple. So you have plenty of option's for your
light. Also, Surefire is releasing the G3- a 3 cell G2. 200 lumen's with optional bulb!