Anybody try out the Juice Rush CR123A Battery??

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
I saw this at my local Fry's electronic's store. I forgot if it was 19.99 or 29.99 for a charger and one battery.
Pic

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its the same as what i bought there, (if its not a newer version) then its a good unprotected lithium-ion R123 that will top out at around 3.7V on the charger, The charger can be modded to charge the cell up to its max 4.2v. I run one of these cells in each of my Q3's with no issues. I just top them off every week or so since i dont use them but a minute or 2 each night.

Shane

Tom M

Newly Enlightened
I have this setup and geta disappointing 10-15 min runtime with my QIII; test in an ARC4+ was also disappointing. Perhaps I will try to mod the charger to reach 4.2 V at some point.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are my old batteries I rejected. You can see the same cell if you do a search when the first rechargable 123 beta test occured out here early last year.

CESDewar

Newly Enlightened
I originally purchased the Juice batteries to run in my QIII and was very disappointed in the performance. After just 8 minutes, light started to drop off noticeably and the light completely discharged after 12-15 mins. I replaced them with the Battery Station rechargeables which were a vast improvement - The Battery Station rechargeables provided more power after 30 minutes of continuous operation than the Juice batteries did after 6 minutes.

Not sure what the issue was, and I had more than one Juice battery (so it was not the case of just one or two bad batteries). For me it was a no-brainer to toss them out in favor of the Battery Station rechargeables.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello CESDewar,

If those are the same cells and chargers that Jon rejected, there were two problems. The cells were unprotected and could easily be ruined by over charging and over discharging. The second issue was with the charger. It was not set up to fully charge the cells resulting in poor run times.

As a first step to introducing rechargeable 123's, these early cells were quite interesting. I must say that I am glad the Jon has moved on to a better cell design. The new cells are much safer to use.

Tom