Anyone buy the Armytek Tiara A1 or C1 yet?

xed888

Enlightened
This probably comes across as a silly question but is there a specific way of removing the headlamp from the silicon holder?

cagenuts

Enlightened
If it's anything like the Wizard Pro then because of the grippy surface, it's sometimes easier to remove the end cap before slipping it off the two rubber rings.

You do run the risk of getting thread gel all over the place though so just be careful.

The Zebra Light headlamps are less difficult to remove but that's because of the smooth finish.

xed888

Enlightened
Thanks. I tried that (removing tailcap first) and it's still a pain to remove. Nearly broke the holder

awes

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I've got my Tiara A1 Pro recently and I've noticed a very short and dim blink when I press the button, just before the flashlight turns on. I'm using Eneloop AA and I've set the battery type through the Menu. Do you also have this "feature" on your Tiaras?

D6859

Enlightened
Thanks. I tried that (removing tailcap first) and it's still a pain to remove. Nearly broke the holder

I broke mine the very day I got the headlamp. Fortunately they sent me a spare part. It is really hard to remove and I think impossible without removing the tailcap first.

D6859

Enlightened
Hi,
I've got my Tiara A1 Pro recently and I've noticed a very short and dim blink when I press the button, just before the flashlight turns on. I'm using Eneloop AA and I've set the battery type through the Menu. Do you also have this "feature" on your Tiaras?

I tested with 14500: no pre-flash. Changed the battery to Eneloop and selected AA battery type: pre-flash present. Interesting... it seems to depend on the battery type.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I broke mine the very day I got the headlamp. Fortunately they sent me a spare part. It is really hard to remove and I think impossible without removing the tailcap first.

My Wizard Pro has a crack in the holder from me trying to remove it without taking the tailcap off. I hope it will hold up over time. I don't plan on removing it from the holder anymore at least. Maybe I should ask them for a new one as well then.

D6859

Enlightened
My Wizard Pro has a crack in the holder from me trying to remove it without taking the tailcap off. I hope it will hold up over time. I don't plan on removing it from the holder anymore at least. Maybe I should ask them for a new one as well then.

If it breaks, you should. I hope your retailer is as generous as mine :)

I was working (building a sauna onto a trailer :p) whole day today with the headlamp on my head. I hit the lamp at least twice quite hard to something and tonight when I was removing the light from the holder I noticed the holder had a tiny crack in it. I took out the tailcap first ofc and the holder didn't break, but one of the O-rings pulled out when peeling the holder off. Fortunately I could find it again. I'm afraid the holder might be the weakest link in this headlamp. I hope it lasts though. I like carrying Tiara as a flashlight in my pocket and it proved to be really good headlamp today (went whole day with a single 14500 in near freezing conditions using 12 and 85 lm modes), so I'm going to be pulling the holder on and off many times in future.

Maybe I just should order another piece to carry without the headband if they're still on sale when I get my tax refund, but now I started wondering why on earth they are on -50% sale. It's not that old model. :thinking:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I just should order another piece to carry without the headband if they're still on sale when I get my tax refund, but now I started wondering why on earth they are on -50% sale. It's not that old model. :thinking:

Where are you seeing anything 50% off on Armytek's website? I just looked based on your post and nothing is on sale never mind 50% off. Strange...

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Please, write at [email protected]
We will help you with your problem!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, thank you! What great service! I will definitely send you an email later today. :)

D6859

Enlightened
Where are you seeing anything 50% off on Armytek's website? I just looked based on your post and nothing is on sale never mind 50% off. Strange...

Sorry for misleading you Beacon of Light! When I wrote 'they' I referred to the company whom I oredered the light from.

Mountain

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my Tiara A1 today, I love right angle lights. As of now I have a maratec AA but it's round and won't stay put on a moving train. After reading several reviews and doing a little research the A1 seemed like the best bang for your buck. I also have a cheap trustfire z2 on its way to. I'll post up what the Tiara comes with when it show's up.:popcorn:

Gaffle

Enlightened
As much as I like the amount of power a 18650 can hold, I am really interested in the Tiara. Slap in a 14500 and I'm good to go. I will for sure go with the warmest version Armytek has to offer.