Anyone edc a surefire?

MikeKerr

Newly Enlightened
I was a member years ago and went thru many lights from a couple of 6P, multiple G2, An E2e, and a couple of E1 backups. I finally figured out I really liked Surefire. Then their Designer, Showrunner, genius left and I did not find his new enterprise as reliable. So I reviewed my needs and settled on about 6 G2s and one old E1 which I have in various locations so that i CAN actually have the needed light source available whether its for desktop, glovebox, or wherever I can have lightweight pocket carry and I have used them for several years this way. Not very glamerous but I finally figured out that 60 to 125 lumens is really plenty for day to day or night to night use- beats old D cell Ray O vac with Thomas Edison light filaments.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I still edc either an E2E with a 110 lumens factory bulb or a DFT Haley strategic surefire light.

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
8nei4J.jpg

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying a discontinued Jetbeam Jet-1 with a Vapcell 14500 as my main pocket light (with an HDS as backup), but I cleaned out a drawer tonight, and came across some 'expired' SF CR123a cells, so I decided to see if I could use them for awhile in a little-used Milkyspit-modded SF L1 (5th gen). If I get stuck in an elevator when the Cascadia sub-fault hits, I think that this light is possibly going to qualify as a 'battery vampire'. My Milkyspit-modded 3rd-gen is even better on low, but the 'high' has only about half the runtime of the 5th gen, as I understand it, and I would have succumbed to dehydration long before the low drains the cell on either one. Another good reason to use the stairs whenever feasible.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wish they'd bring back the E1L and E2L models. Seriously, I don't need a bazilliun lumens in a pocket light. This isn't search and rescue. If you're going to have two modes 5 and around 100 lumens with a long run time is far more preferable to me than the ability to light up a football stadium.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd kill for an E1L or E2L with an MW reflector, and adjustable by a bezel twist.

Croquette

Enlightened
I carry regularly a surefire fury modded. 18650 bored, hpl-hi 4k led and H17f driver. throw is +35kcd and tint is awesome. goes from sub lumen to 1000+ in a double click. Hard to beat.

tango44

Enlightened
Surefire EB2 since 2012, I have lost 2 and broken several pocket clips but still my favorite.
Sometimes my EDCL1T but I hate the gas pedal switch, will love one with a clicky tailcap!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess Surefire has lost favor over the last few years. Their selling point for a long time was how modular they were. You could mix and match and make them what you wanted. They've since started gluing their heads together and other things that pretty much leave you with what they put together with little room for modding.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I've been using this one a lot since getting it a couple weeks ago. Really great edc if you prefer a tactical setup, and for my use I like the simplicity.

96496D05-58CC-4DCC-AB28-98F5966059BE.jpeg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends, the Surefire Titan is in my EDC rotation. And in this case the Surefire Titan is made in Titanium. The old one and only titanium light done by Surefire.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot about my Titan! Mine's not the cool real titanium version, but the Nickle plated brass AAA one...still a cool and amazing little light. I only carry it once in awhile when I'm in my nice(r) clothes, when it gets rotated in with several other EDC size lights, so it's not truly my EDC I suppose.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Just got a stiletto and now I'm wondering why I deliberated on it for so long. This thing is so neat and more compact in person than any photo suggests. It'll be getting plenty of use.

4B3BB485-9194-4045-AFE2-9AE082A6DCD2.jpeg
128D4D12-5801-451D-940E-20A1AA456193.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I EDC my various SureFires off and on.
Currently off. Nothing wrong with them.
I EDC various main lights for testing and review purposes for my YouTube channel. But even if I didn't, there's just too many good competitive options from other brands for much less money.

Latest posts