anyone esle have to sell lights to pay bills? and food?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
An SF X300 for $10.oo ??
I'm guessing someone passed away, and his family had no clue what it was worth.

3_gun

Enlightened
An SF X300 for $10.oo ??
I'm guessing someone passed away, and his family had no clue what it was worth.

In that case it was a 3rd party company handling the sale & it happens more often than you'd think. It was on a shotgun & I asked how much was the gun w/o the X300, $10 less. (things sell WELL below their value in niche hobby/job items. I got inspection gauges made by B&L for $20 & sold them for $275 + they had been out for 3days w/no buyer before I got to the sale)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
In that case it was a 3rd party company handling the sale & it happens more often than you'd think. It was on a shotgun & I asked how much was the gun w/o the X300, $10 less. (things sell WELL below their value in niche hobby/job items. I got inspection gauges made by B&L for $20 & sold them for $275 + they had been out for 3days w/no buyer before I got to the sale)
I'm actually shocked by that. Might just have to start hitting up Estate sales.

chip100t

Enlightened
I am in the process of selling a few things (flashlights included) on eBay right now.
Main reason is to declutter but the money will help in the current economic climate.

I just sold a as new Fenix Pd36r which I paid over £100 for £42, after eBay take there cut leaves me £36.

That hurt, But I try to come from the angle my goal is to rehome stuff and any money I get in the process Is a bonus.

I am going to try to cut down on unnecessary purchases. as before the internet my shopping was, I need something, I go to the shops and buy it, come home, do not go to the shops again until I need something else.

I would never think, there is absolutely nothing I need but I am going to go to the shops anyway to look for something to spend my money on for the sake of spending money.
But post internet that is exactly what I do now.

When bored I search the internet to spend money I don't have on things I don't need, and I have to stop.

My new mantra (I hope),
Don't need it, don't want it.
Ain't got it, can't have it.

Last edited:

brachypelma44

Newly Enlightened
I admit, some of my lights cost more than my shoes, pants, and shirts. The light you see clipped to the top of my pants pocket is likely worth more money than my entire outfit. Then again, inexpensive clothes get the job done just as well as Designer Labels, without the D.L. prices.
Indeed. Most of my clothing comes from thrift stores for close to nothing.

3_gun

Enlightened

Site I use to find local sale, should work for anyone, anywhere in the US. Save $$ & keep things out of the landfill

Latest posts