Anyone got their hands on the Solarforce M8 XM-L?

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
You're best of getting it from Solarforce Sales, you'll just end up paying a massive premium if you try to get it from a UK seller.

Is Solarforce Sales a reputable site? I had to sell off pretty much all of my lights not to long ago :( and that group seems to have some nice combos going on.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the info :)

I was able to keep my solarforce hosts when I sold most of my other stuff. Maybe this site can help me rebuild a bit. I love SF stuff for its lego-like products.

M8 will be higher on my list once i get a few more things taken care of. Looks like one hell of a light. The A.I. switch looks really nice as well. Speaking of that, anyone know if you can use that switch with other Solarforce light set ups? or is it only compatible with the M8?

Joe_Beam

Newly Enlightened
I could not get the A.I. switch to thread onto the body of my Skykine I, and decided not to risk stripping the threads. I did get it to thread onto an L2 body with a Pro1 head and it would not work correctly. It would go through the three modes (L/H/strobe), but seemed dimmer in all three and I could not shut it off.

The switch is kind of odd. I like it, but it may not be for everyone. It is neither a forward or reverse clicky and there is NO momentary function. You click it on and click it through the 3 modes and then click to shut off. There is No memory. Every time that you click it on, it starts out on high and then you have to click it again for low and once again for strobe.

The forward clicky that comes with it, is also compatible with the L2 body threads and works well with the Pro1. I hope they offer this switch by itself and it would be great if they offered the extension separately. Both of them would be nice for "lego" mix and match projects.

Last edited:

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
I could not get the A.I. switch to thread onto the body of my Skykine I, and decided not to risk stripping the threads. I did get it to thread onto an L2 body with a Pro1 head and it would not work correctly. It would go through the three modes (L/H/strobe), but seemed dimmer in all three and I could not shut it off.

The switch is kind of odd. I like it, but it may not be for everyone. It is neither a forward or reverse clicky and there is NO momentary function. You click it on and click it through the 3 modes and then click to shut off. There is No memory. Every time that you click it on, it starts out on high and then you have to click it again for low and once again for strobe.

The forward clicky that comes with it, is also compatible with the L2 body threads and works well with the Pro1. I hope they offer this switch by itself and it would be great if they offered the extension separately. Both of them would be nice for "lego" mix and match projects.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Deaj

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a M8 today - looking forward to seeing what it can do when it arrives! My son and I have been very impressed with the Masterpiece Pro-1's we have (and the half-dozen L2P's we have as well). Even my lovely wife, who has no real interest in flashlights, finds the MPP1 fascinating and impressive.

Question for those who have compared them: How does the M8 compare to the MPP1 performance-wise?

Side-note: I'm sure that I'm late to the party on this one - I assume there was a crash and loss of data on CPF's server. I haven't stopes in for a month or so (maybe longer) and found my account non-existent and all posts between late October, 2010 and earlier this month gone. Whatever occured I'm sure sorry to see it. A lot of great information and insight gets posted here regularly. It's a shame to see a portion of these contributions lost. I hope the recovery effort wasn't too burdensome for those managing CPF.

g.p.

Enlightened
Question for those who have compared them: How does the M8 compare to the MPP1 performance-wise?
Have you had a chance to compare your Masterpiece Pro-1 with the M8 yet?

Anybody get to compare either of them with the Pro-2?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ThruNite Catapult V3 and a MPP1 and the pro 1 out throws the catapult. I thought it was going to be the opposite but the beam on the pro 1 is much tighter and i have seen beamshots on the Catapult v2 xml out throwing the Solarforce M8. Seams like even the xml cant beat the XR-E in terms of throw.

g.p.

Enlightened
Awesome, now I don't have to get a Catapult!

Thanks for the info.

borealis

Newly Enlightened
Could someone with this light please post a photo of the lanyard that came with it? I need to see the clip.

... Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited: