Anyone having problems with their Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger V2?

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
Anyone have any idea why post #1 in this thread is dated 07-06-12,

and post #2 is dated 07-06-13?

Strange, because at first I thought this was an outdated thread about problems with the old version #1 Nitecore i4, but was happy to read all new July 2013 comments.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Anyone have any idea why post #1 in this thread is dated 07-06-12,

and post #2 is dated 07-06-13?

Strange, because at first I thought this was an outdated thread about problems with the old version #1 Nitecore i4, but was happy to read all new July 2013 comments.

Just coincidence and people ignoring post dates when searching topics...the first post I made was relating to two V2 versions with problems and it took an entire year for the first response? In post #8 I stated that my issues were long resolved and the V2 replacements had subsequently performed w/o issues. In post #19 I recommended to the Mods that they might want to remove this old thread since it didn't seem to be helping anyone...yet here the necro thread remains...go figure?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
In post #19 I recommended to the Mods that they might want to remove this old thread since it didn't seem to be helping anyone...yet here the necro thread remains...go figure?

You may have your issue resolved, but this thread should continue to exist, for the benefit of others who might find it. Just because you no longer get value from it, doesn't mean that others can't benefit.

As to the first reply being a year off, sometimes that happens. If a thread doesn't get prompt responses, it drops off the boards pretty fast...unless someone stumbles across it in a search. I'd bet that exactly what happened, and once a new post was started, it got back to the top of the queue and many others found it shortly thereafter.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore are producing products that are inconsistent in terms of Quality Control, some have no issues, others have heating issues, mine broke apart at the rear due to the cell bay spring tension and I had to superglue back together, sending back to the supplier wasn't an option.

__philippe

Enlightened
Nitecore are producing products that are inconsistent in terms of Quality Control, some have no issues, others have heating issues, mine broke apart at the rear due to the cell bay spring tension and I had to superglue back together, sending back to the supplier wasn't an option.

Further to the above caveats:

Considering the current EA4 switch cover ballooning debacle, there is cause to ponder about Nitecore's aptitude (or lack thereof)
at implementing effective quality control over their entire production line (flashlights, batteries, chargers, etc...)

Coupled with the manufacturer's patent indifference to even acknowledge one of its products might be defective, never mind failure to recall and fix such flawed products, one could be forgiven to think twice before procuring any more widgets from a company so lackadaisical about their customers' satisfaction...and about the potential damage inflicted to their own reputation.

__philippe

tripplec

Enlightened
Well I have not experience any heating issues with what I received earlier this week. Although I cannot see where V2 is mention on it. The batteries were not hot that I charged (NiMH only). So far so good. As for Li-ION I cannot say and Protected cells are suppose to work with V2. I may give a pair a try one day when some flashlights I have coming that support them arrive. Baby steps and no rush here.

TronPlayer

Newly Enlightened
I think my i4 may have become defective. When charging any LI-ion battery in bay 1, the indicator immediately terminates. All other bays seem to work fine. I get the same results with keeppower 14500's and fenix 18650's. :sigh:

Latest posts