Anyone own a glow white Oveready Surefire? Thoughts? Impressions?

Wurkkos

vudoo

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy the Oveready 9P and A19 adaptor with the special glow white cerakote finish. Does anyone own one of these and can tell me what their impressions are of the coating?

Is it durable as the normal cerakote finish? How bright does it glow? How long does the glow last for? Is it worth getting it over the normal white?

Last edited:

vudoo

Enlightened
Re: Oveready Glow white 9P impressions

Oveready only offer the glow white coating for the 9P and these are to be discontinued by Surefire so if the reviews are good I am hoping to grab one before they are gone!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

I have a C2 with matching A19 extender. I can't comment on durability since it's a shelf queen for now (too hot to camp/backpack in TX at the moment), but the glow does surprise me a bit. If you charge it up with an intense light, it will glow bright just like any GITD and that vivid glow will last for maybe 5-10 minutes. But let's say if I charge it up at night, and then put it on my night stand before I go to sleep, if I wake up in the middle of the night (couple of hours later), the first thing I notice is an eerie glowing light. I will say it's one of my more fondled flashlights, but to be honest, GITD isn't really used as a functionality. But then again, neither is a 1000 lumen flashlight with 10 min runtime but we all want one.

5709251678_d246ea23f2_z.jpg

5709251436_8944240e4c_z.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator

Reopened. - Norm

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Badtziscool, where did you get your C2 from? Was it Oveready and how long ago did you purchase it?

I bought it directly from Oveready the day it was introduced. That was back in May I believe?

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the GITD offerings from Oveready went real quick, within the first day! They were available (IIRC) in C2/C3, 6P/9P, and Z2. I wanted a C2 but missed those but I managed to score a Z2.
I have basicly the same comments as Badtziscool. Charged up well, it will glow through the night. Can't really comment on duribility because I haven't banged it around but I do use it and it shows no signs of wear. It does need to be cleaned of hand grime once in a while since it is white and shows all!
Here is a pic of my pair of Z2's, on top is the regular cerakote white. You can't really notice in the pic but even though they are both white, the regular white is "whiter" and has a smoother finish than the GITD, but this can only be noticed when next to each other.
Z2s1.jpg

Looks like Oveready is down to their last(as of this posting) two GITD units, both 9P's, so you better act fast if you want one of these unique coatings on a proven host and there has been no word on if they will do another run.

vudoo

Enlightened
Most of the GITD offerings from Oveready went real quick, within the first day! They were available (IIRC) in C2/C3, 6P/9P, and Z2. I wanted a C2 but missed those but I managed to score a Z2.
I have basicly the same comments as Badtziscool. Charged up well, it will glow through the night. Can't really comment on duribility because I haven't banged it around but I do use it and it shows no signs of wear. It does need to be cleaned of hand grime once in a while since it is white and shows all!
Here is a pic of my pair of Z2's, on top is the regular cerakote white. You can't really notice in the pic but even though they are both white, the regular white is "whiter" and has a smoother finish than the GITD, but this can only be noticed when next to each other.
Z2s1.jpg

Looks like Oveready is down to their last(as of this posting) two GITD units, both 9P's, so you better act fast if you want one of these unique coatings on a proven host and there has been no word on if they will do another run.

You are one lucky person to score two Oveready Surefire hosts! When you say that it needs to be cleaned do you mean just a wipe down with warm water or something a little stronger with elbow grease? Is the surface of the glow white quite smooth or sort of powdery smooth (if that makes sense?)

I emailed Oveready about a week ago asking if they will do custom orders as I really wanted a C3 with the glow white option but have not heard back from them as yet which is odd. Anyways, you guys have me convinced. I am off to make an order on one of the few last 9p's and will get the A19 extender to suit.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
You are one lucky person to score two Oveready Surefire hosts! When you say that it needs to be cleaned do you mean just a wipe down with warm water or something a little stronger with elbow grease? Is the surface of the glow white quite smooth or sort of powdery smooth (if that makes sense?)

I emailed Oveready about a week ago asking if they will do custom orders as I really wanted a C3 with the glow white option but have not heard back from them as yet which is odd. Anyways, you guys have me convinced. I am off to make an order on one of the few last 9p's and will get the A19 extender to suit.

I normally just clean mine with soap and water to get off the hand sweat and grime but it comes off real easy. No scrubbing needed. The surface has a grainy texture to it but it's smooth if that makes sense. I don't think you'll be disappointed. And here's one more pic to whet your appetite. Pic isn't as good as Lux's, but I can only do so much with an iPhone.

5926527124_3c40618071_z.jpg

Oh and also, I remember Dan saying something about his next batch of GITD hosts being ORANGE(!) GITD, so maaaaaybe you'll want to hold off for that. Those will be sic!!!

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may PM him about this?
sure that is a rant, but it still works inside me ...
-->no use to PM.

when there were 1st slight ideas (nothing real, just ideas) that the 6P, natural HA, hex removed at bezel, will see a 2nd rund, I immediately PMed him and told that I want one, no matter on cost.
Then - weeks later - there really was a thread on a natural batch - again I reminded that I want one.
During that thread there came the info that none of the steampunk will be made - I offered to pay for any work time to get one model "produced".
Then, finally, there were 2 made and there was the info, that there will be an oveready insider giving the info when the natural HA batch will be ready and only then one could order by answering on the insider
(again I mailed my interest and that I want one of them, because I knew I will not be online when the insider will be sent)
Finally, the 2 models were on the HP, 2 days before the insider and some lucky guys got them.

Try Your best with PM, but dont expect too much.
:(

PS: green GITD is the brightest, orange/blue/red/pink is "only" half (?) as "bright"

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say that it needs to be cleaned do you mean just a wipe down with warm water or something a little stronger with elbow grease? Is the surface of the glow white quite smooth or sort of powdery smooth (if that makes sense?)

I normally just clean mine with soap and water to get off the hand sweat and grime but it comes off real easy. No scrubbing needed. The surface has a grainy texture to it but it's smooth if that makes sense. I don't think you'll be disappointed. And here's one more pic to whet your appetite. Pic isn't as good as Lux's, but I can only do so much with an iPhone.

5926527124_3c40618071_z.jpg

Oh and also, I remember Dan saying something about his next batch of GITD hosts being ORANGE(!) GITD, so maaaaaybe you'll want to hold off for that. Those will be sic!!!

For cleaning, I agree with badtziscool, soap and water does the job. Also, the decription of "grainy yet smooth" is spot on for the texture of the GITD. My plain white has more of a sheer, even surface but is more of a matt or satin finish and the GITD is grainy but a bit more glossy, or should I say less matt/satin because it is not shiney.

Orange GITD! SWEET!! I will be hunting a C2 in that flavor!!

BTW badtziscool, that is a great picture for an Iphone!