Anyone tried or used this charger? - AccuPower Charger IQ-328+

turnipfarmer

Newly Enlightened
I have had a couple of AccuPower chargers and they were good, But i have not see this one reviewed.

A lot of CPF member buy Opus C3100, I got mine from eBay for around £21, they are selling them on gearbest for £25

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 UK.html

John.

Cheers mate. Do Gearbest ship to the UK? I can't seem to find a UK seller on ebay selling the 3100.

Also I see you have mc3000 too from looking at your Signature, could I ask where you got it from in the UK?

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gearbest ship to the UK, But it will take 15-30days for free shipping.

You can buy the MC3000 from Amazon UK, But it`s cheaper from gearbest, but you take the chance of having to pay import duty.

John.

EDIT: Check the gearbest thread for discount codes.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Deals-collection-(update-continually)/page16

Cheers mate. Do Gearbest ship to the UK? I can't seem to find a UK seller on ebay selling the 3100.

Also I see you have mc3000 too from looking at your Signature, could I ask where you got it from in the UK?

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one but don't use it. It overheated my Enloops every time unless I used 500mA rate. 1000mA on AA cells got too hot to touch. Manufacturer brushed it off as nothing.

I've got the La Crosse BC-700, which is similar is size/function to the original IQ-328 and it shuts down thermally all of the time, sometimes even on the 500mA rate.

I was using it just last night to charge up 4 Duracell Ion Core AAs and at the 1:23 mark, it shut down again, for 5-10 minutes.

It's decent and small enough to carry home in my suitcase, but it heats up the batteries almost religiously.

Chris

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting my BC-700 is still going strong after 9 years with no temp issues. I generally use it at 200mAh or 500mAh, more the latter lately with eneloop.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting my BC-700 is still going strong after 9 years with no temp issues. I generally use it at 200mAh or 500mAh, more the latter lately with eneloop.

It'll be 5 years next month for my BC-700. I chalk it up to the smaller case and lack of ventilation. The 'timeouts' are more of a nuisance, than anything else. It does what it's supposed to do, albeit with some issues.

Try charging at 700mA and see what you see.

My Maha at 1A has never even gotten the batteries warm. I think I charged one quad up at 2A just to see and they did get warm, but the unit has never suspended charge due to heat.

Chris

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be 5 years next month for my BC-700. I chalk it up to the smaller case and lack of ventilation. The 'timeouts' are more of a nuisance, than anything else. It does what it's supposed to do, albeit with some issues.

Try charging at 700mA and see what you see.

My Maha at 1A has never even gotten the batteries warm. I think I charged one quad up at 2A just to see and they did get warm, but the unit has never suspended charge due to heat.

Chris
OK I'll use 700mA next time, and see how it goes. If it is running at the same time as I'm doing Li-Ion then it does have some external cooling as my chargers generally sit on top of a large low RPM laptop cooler, but I don't use that always more for when I have 2-4 Lithium Ion going.

Lexel

Enlightened
Especially on used cells the internal resistance gets higher so they heat up more at same charge current

turnipfarmer

Newly Enlightened

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: