Anyone used the "BLINDER" Led Flashlight sold on ebay - 1600 lumens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
What a scam and I love the way the seller bashes other "foreign" sellers who exaggerate and go as far as to call it disgraceful, well he is double disgraceful IMO and I wish he could get called out on it.

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
This is outrageous and ridiculus! The thing is more like 160 lumens instead of 1600... :nana: Cree SSC.. now that is a good one! What will he come up with next? a CREE quad-die SST-90 9000lumens thermal nuclear intercontinental ballistic flashlight?!:devil:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this guy has his numbers wrong...

An excerpt from a reply to a inquiry I sent about the light:

A fluorescent light is 45,000 lumen.. (I have have had nearly a million of them installed in my life), but they would not be effective shining it across even a narrow road.
I asked if he would return and refund the light if it didn't measure up to 1600 Lumens:

If you just want your light meter to move, buy a Coleman flood light, but if you want the best 1 battery flashlight you ever owned for a fraction what a surefire or Streamlight would cost..Try mine.
And last but not least - I think he's watching us:

I recently read a blog which bashed my statements. NOT ONE OF THE WRITERS OWNED MY LIGHT.THEN READ WHAT ACTUAL OWNERS SAID.Real folks like you and me..Police and fire fighters.Read what they think...Not one has been returned yet.Maybe you can be the first...

Personally I'd love a 45,000 Lumen fluorescent. Maybe he can tell me where to get one.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Hopefully he is watching CPF.... he just might learn something.

His light CANT be more than ~230L TOPS. This light does not have the thermal cooling properties to cool an XRE driven any harder than that.

jgraham15

Enlightened
This is outrageous and ridiculus! The thing is more like 160 lumens instead of 1600... :nana: Cree SSC.. now that is a good one! What will he come up with next? a CREE quad-die SST-90 9000lumens thermal nuclear intercontinental ballistic flashlight?!:devil:

:crackup:

:takeit:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I asked if he would return and refund the light if it didn't measure up to 1600 Lumens:

Personally I'd love a 45,000 Lumen fluorescent. Maybe he can tell me where to get one.

No one has returned it probably because no one wants to spend their time and and shipping cost for a $42 light. So $7-$10 return shipping and maybe the light is worth $25-$30 so I would just keep it. That still does not excuse the intentional misconceptions of the light's performance and origins. If he is reading this why don't he speak up and tell us like it is.

The thing is it is light's like this that damage people's conception of new age "powerful" LED light's. They spend $60 on a light that does not live up to expectations and get a sour taste and then come asking why would we spend $60-$100 on these so called wonder light's and then we end up doing the damage control. After buying that light do you think they would even slightly consider spending $400 on a 1500lm Olight or something similar after that? How about a $140 Fenix TK30 at 630lm(500), well that's way less than "half" of the 1600lm lumen their Blinder outputs.

In the end it probably equals :candle:.

Last edited:

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Same seller with same light as a kit but with a beamshot to show it is lame compared to what he claims.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLINDER-LED-Flashlight-Tactical-Set-Beats-1600L-Lights-/190449960067

in case he removes beamshot. http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5703/407498707tp.jpg

Looks like another seller with same light and claims.http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-BRIGHT-BLINDER-LED-Flashlight-Buy-TITE-LIGHT-/170548615036
TITE-LIGHT'S BLINDER has an engineered reflector and A Cree emitter that devastates flashlights listed from 600 to 1600 Lumens.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
He said it will run on high for 3 to 5.5 hours with one 18650.

It can't be putting out 200 lumens in order to run on high 3 to 5.5 hours using a single 18650.
My Solarforce runs for 2.5 hours on high using a 18650 ... The dropin is about 200 lumens.

If that torch is actually 1600 lumens either it should only run for about 19 minutes or it is between 10 and 18 times more efficient ... If it is between 10 and 18 times more efficient than my Solarforce dropin then I WANT ONE !

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I guess 1600 Lumens is really a big deal.

He did say the second brightest light on eBay.

As I have read what every one else has said and it seams that no one tells the truth about lumens.

I wonder what the other makers like Surefire say about the amount of lumens their 1 18650 battery light puts out?

I ordered one last night, If it's as bright as the guy claims I'll be happy I'll be happier still if it works for a year.

I Will let you know after I play with it.

Very interesting subject: Learning more about lumen, batteries and the like.

This is why I'm a member thank's.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire does not produce lights intended to be used with 18650 cells. And for the record they are known for under quoting rather than over quoting. They also have actual test equipment rather than making rough guesses at emitter lumens.

Just for fun, ask the guy if it will beat the intensity of this cheap wall mart light. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U04MEY/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having slept on this, I decided to look at the issue more closely.

From the eBay listing:
"BLINDER LED Flashlight, Beats 1600L Lights for Intensy!"
The seller never claimed the BLINDER itself is 1600 lumens!!!

Tre:
"The seller told me it is an XR-E Q5..."
kramer5150:
"I have one in typeIII. got it for $20 on the CPF marketplace. I'm running an XRE-Q3 at 1.4A. ... The light in your link is not 1600L, its just an XRE (you can see that in the pic)."
Small LEDs like the XR-E increases throw. The XR-E Quarks are much prized over the much brighter XP-G Quarks by the throw-fanatics on CPF.

The problem with the new listings linked by Flashfirstask?late the seller forgot to identify which beam is the BLINDER and which by the other flashlight. Did not identify the other flashlight either.

Flashfirstask?later:
"TITE-LIGHT'S BLINDER has an engineered reflector and A Cree emitter that devastates flashlights listed from 600 to 1600 Lumens."
I don't have a 1600 lumen flashlight but I have a '900 lumen'
MTE P7 900 lumen top, L-mini XR-E bottom.
P7Lmini.jpg

Beamshot L-Mini left, 900 lumen right.
P7Lminibeamshot.jpg

Note how much brighter the L-mini's hotspot is compared to the 900 lumen MTE.

Now the L-mini had a small reflector. The blinder has a very big head and I presume an equally big reflector. Big reflectors usually increase throw.
The BLINDER looks like it is using a body with a 55 mm head so it could throw better than a Dereelight DBS with a 34 mm head. The current DBS have a 48 mm head but a much more floody XP-G LED so the BLINDER can probably out-throw that too. You will probably out throw it with the aspheric DBS but the aspheric DBS is a pure spotlight with no spill for closer in.

So how low in lumens can I go and still 'devastates' my 900 lumen?
MTE SSC-P7 900 lumen left, Terralux TLE-1F 50 lumen right.
MTE-P7-vs-6V-lantern.jpg

I don't need the 160-170 lumens other CPF members estimate the BLINDER to produce. I just need 50 lumens and a $6 6V lantern.
6V-lantern--MTE-P7.jpg

I THINK IT IS A CASE OF CONFUSING ADVERTISING AND PEOPLE NOT READING THE AD CAREFULLY. (Including myself first time around.)
Repeat
From the eBay listing:
"BLINDER LED Flashlight, Beats 1600L Lights for Intensy!"
The seller never claimed the BLINDER itself is 1600 lumens!!!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess 1600 Lumens is really a big deal.

He did say the second brightest light on eBay.

As I have read what every one else has said and it seams that no one tells the truth about lumens.

I wonder what the other makers like Surefire say about the amount of lumens their 1 18650 battery light puts out?

I ordered one last night, If it's as bright as the guy claims I'll be happy I'll be happier still if it works for a year.

I Will let you know after I play with it.

Very interesting subject: Learning more about lumen, batteries and the like.

This is why I'm a member thank's.

Hmmmm... I wonder....

barbour

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these blinders on ebay. I use it on my bike helmet on the local trails. I am no expert on lumens, but the flashlight is 100% bright. I bought a 105 lumens light from Home Depot (no idea if the lumens is accurate) for $50.00. Brand is Coast.

[ hotlinked image deleted - Kestrel ]

This blinder light, seems to be about 10X brighter, when you compare the two lights side by side. In fact, I have had some complaints on the trails, when people are coming towards me. One lady complained about the light being too bright. What this means, I have no idea.

i am having a serious light built for my helmet, 1400 lumens, which has been verified by the MTBR magazine. Until its ready, I only have the home depot light to compare it to. I will try to take some photos with a side by side comparison between the home depot and blinder this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Barbour, you're missing the point. This guy isn't selling a light that is putting out 1600 lumens (more like 200, maybe...), he's selling a light that is more intense, focused, "brighter" to the lay-person. As illustrated in the pics above, a very tightly focused, low output light can appear brighter than a (truthfully) much brighter light that is floodier.

He's comparing lux (the concentration of light), NOT lumens (total amount of light).

As are you.

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I got one yesterday and I played with it all day and last night.
I'm new here and I really do not know what to say other than it very small and very bright, in fact it is the bright light I own. For the $50.00 dollars I spent for it, I'm very happy with it. If you want to ask question please do so but remember I'm new to the forum and I do not have a full understanding on the subject. Really all I can say is it is very bright and I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts