Anyone want to help someone new at this?

K A

Enlightened
Would anyone like to take a stab at this?

I scavanged some LED's from work off some old displays that were going to be trashed. My thinking that I could use the LED's for other projects. My problem now is trying to figure how the correct values for the LED's so I don't fry them.

Pictures of said displays

Display #1 runs off 2 AA batteries and has 2 clear lens red LED's. It uses something to get the LED's to flip flop at a constant rate. It has 1 resistor and if my eyes don't deceive me the colors are " Blue Grey Yellow Gold " I assume a yellow color. It blends in well.. its really hard to tell.

Taking a Multimeter and testing the pos/neg across a led and I get a max of .60 volts on either LED. This seems rather small? Testing the pos on the LED and the neg on the battery case I get 2.10 volts.

Display #2 runs off 3 AA batteries and has 6 clear lens LEDs (3 green and 3 red). This one again has something to make the LED's look like they are chasing each other. Though how this is wired up makes my head hurt.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
K A,

I would think the 2.10 volts you measured to about right for the red LEDs. The green ones are probably closer to 3.2V.

lux0

Newly Enlightened
A Vf of 1.6V for red and 1.8V for the green is typical, depending on the current through them.