Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
The max settings on the Tri-V3 are a bit more conservative compared with the first two runs of the light. For some of the higher setting you may want to use IMRs but CR123s should be fine for anything 1000mA and under.

Personally I only use IMR cells because I prefer rechargeable cells.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave has said that the max levels have been reduced in this run due to heat. No actual max levels have been specified but you seem to have found the max for all three emitters.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am totally impressed with this new Flood emitter.
I have one level set for Flood at 250 and it is amazing how much usable light that is, with tremendous run times.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was out at Maker Faire New York City all day today, when I get home tomorrow I'll take a look. I don't use PM's.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas guys. I listen to and appreciate everything you say. Please, do not ever hesitate to post any ideas that you have.

Yes, there is new stuff coming. I have been working very hard for over a year on lots of things like new variations of the 007.

To respond to the ideas in this thread; A lighter weight and or smaller spy is definitely a good idea and something that I have pondered for a long time. There are many ways for a SPY fit this criteria and I am going to continue pursuing these requirements.

The standard 007 flashlight is not going away. However, I have a few small tweaks on that front, to tell you all about very soon.

A smaller & lighter Spy would hit the sweet spot for me! Anything you can share about the small tweaks?

The new 007 will have new options too and it's styling is slightly changed from the old 007. I say this even without adding any of the new options which of course will change the styling of the lights. The new 007 will be available about a month after the release of the new Tri-V.

Cree XP-L...XHP50 (6Vf)...Carclo TIR optic...are any of these a future possibility for the 007? Bring on the new styling! :popcorn:

I too think this is a good direction to go in. Been giving this lots of cycles over the last year.

I like the single LED design of the Spy 007 but I'm definately intrigued by the possibility of a "double agent".

Two other SPY lights are also in the works for late 2015.

Does October qualify as late 2015? :D

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new 007 has a hidden retractable lanyard that has a 500 lb strength cable that is as small as horse hair.

Zandar

Enlightened
The new 007 has a hidden retractable lanyard that has a 500 lb strength cable that is as small as horse hair.
:devil::poke:
Naughty, naughty, officer Chip. What about the voice activation? Err forget I mentioned that one..........

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I myself accidentally activated the self destruct mode once. Luckily I managed to return it to the off position before the option to override had expired. That was close.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rats, no 007's yet.

Maybe Santa Dave will have them out before XMas

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Any chance of a new emitter for the spy? That would be pretty sweet... Maybe benefit from a heat sink upgrade like the tri-v3? Hopeful...

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Dave can figure out a way to engineer slots so trits can be installed in the new 007 without glue?

Last edited: