April 2010 Flashlights you bought this month..

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received Malkoff M60LL and M60LF to my Surefire 6P and 9P.
Just replaced the Surefire stock incans with the Malkoffs. Now I am waiting for the night to try them more. :popcorn:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a Malkoff 2-3 D drop-in. Looking forward to it's arrival after all I have heard about them.

OCD

Enlightened
Not flashlights...but I ordered 10 lithium primaries and 4 protected AW RCR123's from Lighthound (which my wife tells me were delivered today! :twothumbs ) and a Shekor Li-ion charger.

Should keep my RRT-0 going strong for a while. :candle:

McAllan

Enlightened
Despite the criticism agains LED Lenser on these forums I decided to try their newer M-series. M for micro-processor.

A brand new (by both means) M14 - you can almost still feel the heat from the forge. So new it's only available very few places. Got one with a very low twin prime serial number not far above 100 :naughty:
Even like the unusual way they write the serial number. In a fancy way next to the logo. Like saying "here's something very techy from a future far from now". (You might use it when You're doing some "urban exploring" on LV426 :laughing:)

Also grabbed an M1 while at it (single CR123A light comparable in size between an LD10 and a PD20).

Both feels like very nice lights and seems to have addressed the main criticism about a proper driver. Mechanically they're great has a nice quality feel to them. You could argue they're a bit on the expensive side being only XR-E lights but comparing to many other lights it's IMHO not that bad - and none with the great throw of the lens system. The M14 easily makes a brighter hot spot than say a TK40.

So guess some here just has to get used to the thought - LED Lenser seems to be in the game again :nana:

smu616

Newly Enlightened
1. Surefire AZ2 - after just a short year and half wait for production lol
2. Surefire G2L in Black (didn't have one with the metal bezel)
3. 2 Coleman 3 AAA Flashlights (gifts for family)
4. Malkoff M60LL - cuz it was on sale

and to think just when I thought that I had plenty of flashlights already.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
I've been on a a bit of a spree in the last couple of days:

4Sevens Quark 123
4Sevens Quark Mini 123
Solarforce L2
Solarforce L2M

Nothing major. The Quarks are because I wanted to check out some EDC options to add to my Fenix L1D, and the Solarforce hosts to compare with my Surefire 6Ps and G2 (although the L2M was just because I fancied having a 1xCR123 sized P60 host).

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I was not happy with the size of my 123 based light for keychain use. Here's the new Peak replacement (Eiger 10280) in brass with matching brass attachment:

ff8mtf.jpg

I find the level 6 output to be almost to bright, but it still runs a full 50 minutes on the tiny cell.

JCD

Enlightened
So far this month:

Surefire L1
Surefire C3-BK
LED Lenser MiniTac
Lumens Factory EO-E2R LA
Generic Q2 drop-in
Some AW Li-ion cells

I'll probably end up selling the C3, though. It was an impulse buy, but I really don't need another one.

Last edited:

NightKids

Enlightened
Just got the Quark Mini 123 yesterday, it's a great little light

Got a Malkoff M61 coming in so can't wait!

Ronin28

Newly Enlightened
Well, it looks like I'll be pre-ordering some of the XP-G WWs from 4Sevens (Canada)...I hope they get enough pre-orders to make this possible...would be sweet to add to my collection and my EDC's!

Looking at pre-ordering the 123^2 and AA^2 (Regular, not Tactical) and the Turbo 123^2 + AA^2. Oh yeah, and the Preon II. Argh, there goes my paycheque again...at least it's towards something I can use and I love!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
one of those 2dollar ebay specials i heard mentioned here..
item number: 260528337267

extremely cheap fix.

--and i thought i didnt have to buy any more lights this month now that i got the sc50w.. and then.. 4sevens hears my wishes for new run for warm tint lights.. argghhh.. preon2 is the one pushing me over. and then maybe minicr123 or miniaa.. or tactical quark.. ARGGGG--

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff P7 prototype. Booyah.

Now I need a proper host; it's living in a Solarfoce 3p that's not compatible with Surefire tailcaps and a G2 bezel. The G2Z tailcap will turn it on, but it will not latch.

This will yet be fun.

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I was seeking information about an olight m21 but after reading this forum decided to order a jetbeam jet-iii m (grey/warm tint). Ordered it 5 days ago at BOG. It's my first led flashlight, so I'm anxious for it to arrive.
If this is anything like my g-shock interest I'll need extra shelf :)