• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights

you know, I've been carrying this light in my right pocket 5 days a week since I got it and I have to say you are 100% right! I never would have though a flat opposite the clip would make such a difference but I sure noticed the difference the other day when I pocketed my haiku. It definitely was more bulky feeling width-wise. Neat feature planned or not:)

Grip wise too! Triangular circle fist the "three phalynx" fingers perfectly. :)

Hear hear! It's perfect. The AquaMule is one of my all-time favorites. :bow:

Yes, I couldn't agree more with the above. Don is a bit of a genius in always thinking outside of the box and coming up trumps.

renagade69

Newly Enlightened
I sent an e-mail inquiring for an Aqua Ram light for use in underwater swimming pool leak detection applications. I also plan on bringing it with me on my boat to spot channel markers at night. In the pools I will be looking in light nitches(female cave like area 1 ft deep)for leaks with dye. Will the Ram do the job in this small area or will the light be set up more to fill a farther away area? Thanks

I sent an e-mail inquiring for an Aqua Ram light for use in underwater swimming pool leak detection applications. I also plan on bringing it with me on my boat to spot channel markers at night. In the pools I will be looking in light nitches(female cave like area 1 ft deep)for leaks with dye. Will the Ram do the job in this small area or will the light be set up more to fill a farther away area? Thanks
You'd probably be better off with the AquaMule.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Well this is interesting since I just guilt the AquaRam with XP-G2. I would be inclined on first impressions to agree with Dad as far as the pool application goes. The Aqua Mule is a wide flood light with no concentration of beam at all. It would be pretty useless for looking for channel markers though unless you are right on them. However giving this a bit more thought and based on my personal experience in the water with these lights, the Ram might well be the better choice in the pool as well if the ambient light is strong as I suspect it might be. It takes some good and intense light to overcome the shadow in an otherwise brightly lit environment. I have dove down and looked under ledges that are too dark to see in the ambient light here on Maui and it does take a concentrated spot beam to make a good dent in this dark.

I think you have made the right choice based on your dual purpose uses and quite possibly the right choice for the individual applications.

renagade69

Newly Enlightened
My light is already shipped. Don is the man. I went with the Aqua Ram. If I need to get a Mule then I will order one. I will get some beam shots up after I get it for the masses.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
..... I will be looking in light nitches(female cave like area 1 ft deep)for leaks with dye. .....

If the dye is fluorescein, you might be better served with a royal blue LED source which would make the dye fluoresce.

renagade69

Newly Enlightened
Most light nitches are stainless steel so we use blue fabric dye shot with a hypodermic needle. There are a few dark ones that a red or blue light would work. Black skimmers are hard to see with light also.

Last edited:

renagade69

Newly Enlightened
Got my lights in and I want to share some quick shots. I ended up getting a Mule also. I needed an excuse to pull my 1DX out.
light1.JPG
light2.JPG
light3.JPG
light4.JPG
light5.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Enlightened
Congrats and great shots. You've caught the titanium perfectly. The orange o-rings look spot on, mine has plain black. First shot I've seen of these.

Enjoy and TFS!

karp

Newly Enlightened
aqua twist

Would anybody be able to post a video of the twist in action? :thumbsup:

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Re: aqua twist

Can someone who owns both the Terra & Aqua comment on how these feel in hand respectively. Specifically the Terra has that "swollen" profile while it appears that the Aqua is "straight," and I am curious about your opinions of the difference. The earlier post talking about the way the flat side of the Aqua fits in a pocket comfortably led me down this path as well as the overall length of the Terra. I am looking to get one and am leaning towards the Aqua mainly due to overall size. Any advice is appreciated.
Trip

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I own both, the Aqua in my opinion feels better in the hand and in the pocket. (Plus its shorter making it more pocket friendly) The Terra is easier to use however with a single handed click rather than the Aqua's two fisted twist. If I had to choose, I would go Aqua. The Aqua just looks cooler and feels more robust. With all that said I am glad I won both as they both have there niches in my collection.

Trip Miller

Enlightened

Thanks PSM,
that was my suspicion and direction I am leaning for sure, and what you are saying makes sense to me. Anyone else care to chime in?

I own both, the Aqua in my opinion feels better in the hand and in the pocket. (Plus its shorter making it more pocket friendly) The Terra is easier to use however with a single handed click rather than the Aqua's two fisted twist. If I had to choose, I would go Aqua. The Aqua just looks cooler and feels more robust. With all that said I am glad I won both as they both have there niches in my collection.

I don't have a Terra version but I don't want one: the 2 AquaMules and 1 AquaRam are all I need. PSM's right - the Aqua's have more meat on 'em, being twisties, so they will logically feel more robust.

renagade69

Newly Enlightened

The Terra Model is easier to use one handed in real above water applications. I bought one of each. I can exchange the heads if I need to dive with one model or the other. Great product.