Arc AAA Turq & LE - Pocket or Keychain?

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Being one of the newbies here, if this topic has been discussed in some form or fashion b-4, plz provide the link(s)........otherwise lets dive in!

I recently acquired an Arc AAA Turquoise and an LE. So far the LE is a constant companion now that it's attached to my favorite small Swiss Army knife. The AAA Turquoise is attached to my Jeep's keyring.

Considering these Arc's color & usefulness, and the potential uses they may have as implemented, would you continue with this arrangement or change it, and why?

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to hear someone else worried about scratching their flashlight on a key chain.
I thought it was just me.
At the moment my LED lights are an Inova Microlight, Photon 3 and a Streamlight Baton Lite.
I guess I am somewhat over protective of them, but I find it a bit hard to buy one of these open the package get that warm fuzzy feeling about finally owning it after reading so much about it and then promptly attaching it to my key ring having my keys in my pocket and riding my mountain bike for 45 minutes to get to work knowing that those keys are working away on it.
I prefer to have the light usually in my jeans pocket (the little one that most jeans have built into the larger right pocket) it also means that if I need the light I don't have to start flapping around with a bunch of keys.
Another option is on a lanyard round the neck, good for Arc aaa (or would be if I had one!) and other smaller lights, but frankly looks rather odd with the Baton Lite and people tend to think you're a bit odd!
Oh well all this is all purely cosmetic, I don't think having your Arc aaa on a key will impede the performance in any way.
I'm looking forward to buying one of these Arc aaa or Arc LS (or both) but I can't find anywhere in Denmark that sells them.
confused.gif

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify......

OK, maybe I'm a little concerned about scratching up the lights, but the one I commit to the keyring is definitely operating in dangerous territory. Normark, oh Normark, where have you gone with the Kydex sheaths???????

What I'm really looking to determine with this question is the best application of the 2 lights - Turq. vs. White.

As for having them on a lanyard, it would be banging up against a small blade if it were there, although I have hung one there while implementing rustic toilets while camping
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys. In an earlier thread on the LE HA I attacked my LE with a knife made of 154CM stainless. Scraping and cutting did nothing. Only when I used the point did I get a little ding. I had to resharpen after the test. do not worry about keys and rings. They are softer than the ARC-LE.
grin.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my LE on my keychain. I'm not worried about scratches, but even if I were, so far the HA is keeping it scratch-free.

Mine is not just on my keychain, but on one of those little metal quick-detach thingies. I don't like to use the light with all my keys dangling, instead I detach the light and use it, then re-attach. I use one of those little metal couplers that detaches in half when you push in the center part.

The only other mode of carry I'd consider is in my watch pocket of my jeans. But that's currently occupied by a Listerine Pocketpak! These things are cool man!

Joe

WaltH

Enlightened
Hey Joe,
Are those pocket packs the little saran-wrap looking things that disolve on your tongue? I had one a couple weeks ago and they are cool. Where do you get them?

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading sometime ago about the weight of stuff on a keyring placing undue stress on the ignition switch in a car.

Has anyone read anything like this recently?

I have about 12 keys and an CMG Infinity (white) LED light on mine.

MarcV

Enlightened
Thanks to this thread, I just realized that I have one more flashlight in the inventory. My car uses an infrared flashlight to switch on the auto electrical system, to trigger the ignition process, and to raise/lower the windows. All that in a package that includes an old-fashioned brass key in case the batteries fail (and to open the glovebox).

The flashlight fits in a slot in the dashboard where a second ir source communicates with the key to agree on a secret code for the subsequent session. That's, therefore, the most sophisticated and complex flashlight I own. And to think it came free with the car!

Anyway, regarding weight, I usually don't keep the key on a ring at all. It's handier as a separate device in my pocket or briefcase.

Mercedes Key

Frank

Newly Enlightened
I keep mine on my keyring next to a SAK Classic and 3 keys. I heard the story about heavy keys wearing out ignition switches years ago so I keep a minimum number of keys on each vehicle's ring. When I first got the Arc, the knurling sharp enough to scratch the %*&^ out of the SAK. Since then it's worn down to a very nice texture.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaltH:
Hey Joe,
Are those pocket packs the little saran-wrap looking things that disolve on your tongue? I had one a couple weeks ago and they are cool. Where do you get them?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's them! Found them in my local supermarket in the section that had listerine. I read on bladeforums that Myntz also has these kinds of strips out, but mint-flavored instead of listerine-flavored, which is a big plus in my book. I'm trying to find the Myntz version now.
Joe