Arc-AAA with black hard anodize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think this is spillover from the Arc6 clear anodizing being imperfect.

I just know ill be treasuring my NAT Ds now a whole lot more, and the older premium Cs thats coming my way from bst

still, an bk arc-aaa would be interesting

Crenshaw

rtt

Enlightened
It has been said a few times that dying anodize (ie black HA vs. natural HA) weakens it by some percentage.

From what I have been told by anodising shops, there is no difference in hardness between natural and dyed HA type 3. What I was told is that type 3 class1 (natural) and type 3 class 2 (dyed) have the same hardness specification and toughness as dictated by type 3 standards and specs.

Is natural vs black an urban myth? Please correct me if you have a source that states otherwise.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just so I am clear, cosmetics is an annoying distraction from my priorities. The black HA parts were made to keep the product in stock until I can get the natural HA back, no other reason.

These are not collector's items. Black was not selected because I thought it looked better. Black was selected to keep the item in stock while I fix this very annoying problem with the natural HA supply. I suspect we will probably only make 2-3 months of black before switching back to natural HA.

peter

Last edited:

skyugo

Newly Enlightened
Just so I am clear, cosmetics is an annoying distraction from my priorities. The black HA parts were made to keep the product in stock until I can get the natural HA back, no other reason.

These are not collector's items. Black was not selected because I thought it looked better. Black was selected to keep the item in stock while I fix this very annoying problem with the natural HA supply. I suspect we will probably only make 2-3 months of black before switching back to natural HA.

peter

i believe that's how collectors items come about. :laughing:

whatever it takes to keep em in stock though... i wanna get a GS one of these days. :naughty:

paulr

Flashaholic
What's the story with the DS, it says it's back-ordered? I was hoping to get one in black.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
i believe that's how collectors items come about. :laughing:

whatever it takes to keep em in stock though... i wanna get a GS one of these days. :naughty:
+1 If the black version is just a temporary replacement , Ill bet whatever flashlights I have left on my collection, they will become limited edition and they will fly off the shelves in no time..

Status
Not open for further replies.