Arc-AAA with black hard anodize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned earlier, we have had trouble finding a supplier to clear hard anodize our flashlights reliably. Our supplier for the past 8 years canceled our contract because we were being too picky. As a result, we are changing the Arc-AAA to black hard anodize, which is easier for our suppliers. Hopefully this is a temporary measure and we can return to natural HA at a later date.

This is still hard anodize, just black instead of clear ("natural") in color. The black has a more consistent appearance. This is a result of our customers who say that cosmetics if very important. One of the downsides to black is that it will show scratches and rack marks more clearly. This is due to increased contrast.

I will add a note to the website as well.

peter

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
I hope you can find another supplier for clear HA sometime. Black never goes out of style but from a "buy both" point of view, it would be nice to have still have natural color available.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that. I figure it was a matter of time before the mindless masses showed time and time again that form wins over function.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting! ill probably need one then...

peter, i also have question, how do i re attach the foam donut to the head? mine fell off.

Crenshaw

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
interesting! ill probably need one then...

peter, i also have question, how do i re attach the foam donut to the head? mine fell off.

Crenshaw

I have had this happen. Use some sticky glue, nothing special. I got extra donuts when I ordered my DS awhile back.

Bill

Tranx

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Gransee, Peter,

Thank you very much for the info (just read it).
I really like clear anondise rather than black.

I really appreciate the info and feedback we are getting from you on the candlepowerforums.

I was still in doubt about buying a DS or GS.
(I actually was going to order a DS this weekend,
but they are backordered now
and the new batch will probably be black,
so I decided it will be a GS)

Because I really want a clear one,
I immediately ordered a GS asking to get
a clear anondised one.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to receive a clear anondised one.

Greetings
Vince.

Elmie

Enlightened
due to all the drama with the Arc6 I guess this is the solution to all the cry babies. The nat HAIII on my Arc6 is just pure sweetness.

paulr

Flashaholic
One thing I notice about my black Arc AAA knockoff from brand P is that dust sticks to the knurling and won't wash off. Other than that, black looks nice, just kind of generic.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
There is a difference between "holding up" and "having the same blemishes show up more visibly." I think (emphasis on think rather than know) is that the same blemishes would be on both lights, but because of the increased contrast that the black HA provides compared to the natural HA, the human eye-brain combo sees them more easily against the black HA.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I can always learn something.

carrot

Flashaholic
It has been said a few times that dying anodize (ie black HA vs. natural HA) weakens it by some percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.