ARC Collections

cy

Flashaholic
arc6.JPG

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
The Red in the picture is actually an orange/reddish color. I have another ARC AAA red that is in very used conditon with a much deeper red tint - so the one in the photo may be an orange? Hard to tell without seeing others.
I was refering to the LED colors. The only finishes I am aware of are Black, Natural HA, CPF Blue, CPF Red, Camo.

Maybe cy has some more pics to show us :D

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Hello crazy collectors! Tomorrow i'll post my ARC collection. I like very much the green ones from CY ARC AAA! But every ARC i see make me crazy! Thanks for your very nice pictures!

cy

Flashaholic
here's the other two remaining colors..
urber rare lug tail green ARC AA and blue ARC LSH-P lumineds special ed

Arc did make very few brass AAA's..
then there's the golden tint tiger stripe ARC LS and ARC4+'s

arc aa lug.JPG

3p bezel.JPG

nekomane said:
I was refering to the LED colors. The only finishes I am aware of are Black, Natural HA, CPF Blue, CPF Red, Camo.

Maybe cy has some more pics to show us :D

Last edited:

havand

Enlightened
AHHH, you guys are mean. And i'm having a hard enough time finding an ARC LS twistie/clickie (complete light) at a price i'm willing to pay... :p

greenLED

Flashaholic
LuxLuthor said:
I never heard of an ARC light before. What makes them so popular in terms of features?
The Arc LS was *the* first flashlight to use a Luxeon LED. It's smaller sibbling, the ArcAAA is a classic, using a 5mm LED. The Arc family also includes the Arc 4, and the LS3 (I'm lumping all "LS's" - first runs, LS1, hybrids, LS2, LSH, LSL, etc.- together).

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome man ! Welcome to the club. I've sent you the password for out secret dungeon. :lolsign:

greenLED

Flashaholic
:evilgrin: I know have 3 ArcAA's, plus 2 empty heads and an extra body. I'm open to ideas as to what to do with the extra parts.

cy

Flashaholic
millermods ARC AAA w/cree turned out so good!!
I'm wanting the same thing done for an ARC AA head.

cree was made for ARC AA and AAA applications. no reflector needed with tuff dome and low vf mades a perfect emitter when mated to 1.5v alk or nmh and a boost circuit.

driven at 250-350 milliamps, not much heat is produced. making small head size and limited heatsinking not an issue.

with two stages runtime on low is longer than I care to measure. high runtime is more than adequate and quite bright. for millermods ARC AAA cree, 25+ lumens according to my untrained eye.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are some beautiful collections here!

here are my two Arcs, both have been modified.

first is an arc4 rev2 gutted and modded by NewBie. it is an extremely efficient one stage that can push 1amp for 1hour straight from 1 cr123. i've yet to here of a converter board with these specs.
it has a luxeon right now but will be modded with the next big LED.

next is an incredible little light, the MillerMods Arc aaa cree.

patiently awaiting the new LS!