Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Darrell has high friends in low places, or at least with lower numbers
wink.gif
grin.gif
!
BTW Darrell, the shipping address for my EV Turq. to follow via email <kidding>.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by One001:
You must have been watching that post counter like a hawk to get in at exactly 500.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually I have better things to do with my time (
smile.gif
), but Mr. M. Jack Straw told me that Peter was offering some sort of prize for being the 500th post. It was either a turquoise EV, a CPF edition or an LS. Can't remember the details.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Usually I have better things to do with my time (
smile.gif
), but Mr. M. Jack Straw told me that Peter was offering some sort of prize for being the 500th post. It was either a turquoise EV, a CPF edition or an LS. Can't remember the details.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(In Dr. Evil's voice from Austin Powers)

"Rrright"

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
Peter,

Forgive me if this question has asked and answered already.

What is the difference between the CPF edition and the LE edition?

All I want is the "brighest, white-est" keychain light I can get!

Thanks,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference is the finish color and the inscription. The other details are the same, including the LED (an important feature).

As far as brightest and most white of all the Arc-AAA line, the CPF and LE editions are the ticket.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackStraw:
2 hopefully easy-to-answer questions:

1) Are the EV Turqs. available and where?
2) Will a CPF ordering thread be started?

To be honest, I try to keep up with this thread, but as stated, it has gotten deep & diverse and in some ways unwieldy. That's most evident by folks going away for a bit and asking for updates. Too bad some topic specific threads can't be started (LS, LE, AAA, CPF), but I do understand that one thread makes it easier for Peter to keep us updated (and spend more time working on our fav lights), which we all like
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the EV's can be ordered from our website and TTS now. We have been shipping them since yesterday. These are ordered from the same Order Page as the standard Turquoise. You must specify you want EV in the comments field of your order.

I will be starting a new thread in a day or two with a link to the CPF ordering page following shortly after. The CPF editions finished plating today and are back at the machine shop have the LED mount cut. Next they go to final assembly and QC.

For people just joining us, please understand that the EV and CPF are two different versions of the Arc-AAA. The EV is a brighter rank of Turquoise LED and the CPF is a special white LED edition in a blue housing for CPF members only. If you can post here, you are a CPF member.

What do you suggest would help organize the Arc related discussions? Should we ask for our own forum header on the CPF? Not sure if could/should be done, just an idea at this point.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
Just got my Arc AAA-LE today from Brightguy.

This is my first Arc and it is a high zoot piece of equipment. Now I can see what everyone is exited about!!! My secretary also bought one and she loves hers too.

Mine is v3.0 with Chemkote on the head and body. Very nice. Where do I sign up for the CPF edition?

On a side note and more for curiosity than anything else, does Arc have a private label program and if so, what are the requirements/limitations?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have quoted private label jobs before. There are several ways to do it. The most straightforward method is to pick a case color, LED color(s) and inscription. Then we provide a quote and you can go from there. We do require a minimum of 100 units per type to make it worth while for us. There is a premium if the any major changes are made to the flashlight.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by One001:
Peter, you posted some pics of the Cyan LS beam back in December. Is the color of the Turquoise EV close to this or is it much greener? Please descibe. Also, how much brighter is 1 cd in practical terms anyway?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try to get this posted for you. I would say that the Arc-AAA turquiose is more green than the Cyan LS. 1cd (1000mcd) should be noticable. Look at the 1cd difference between the old R rank Arc-AAA whites and the S rank LE's.

Peter Gransee

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
2 hopefully easy-to-answer questions:

1) Are the EV Turqs. available and where?
2) Will a CPF ordering thread be started?

To be honest, I try to keep up with this thread, but as stated, it has gotten deep & diverse and in some ways unwieldy. That's most evident by folks going away for a bit and asking for updates. Too bad some topic specific threads can't be started (LS, LE, AAA, CPF), but I do understand that one thread makes it easier for Peter to keep us updated (and spend more time working on our fav lights), which we all like
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter...

I vote for trying to get a separate forum leader on the CPF for Arc-related discussions. It`s certainly been proven that there is a high interest in and many, many postings about your ventures and the Arc products.

Keep up the good work.

Flagone

Newly Enlightened
Hi Peter

I read before that some new version 3.0 Arc AAAs were shipping with Chemkote on the head only until the spare barrels were used up.

Have the 100% Chemkote models now made it fully into the distribution network?

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I'd like to see a separate forum header with threads concerning LS, LE, CPF, AAA, etc. That of course is up to admin, but it sure would make for easier disussions and might even reduce server & bandwidth usage.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flagone:
Hi Peter

I read before that some new version 3.0 Arc AAAs were shipping with Chemkote on the head only until the spare barrels were used up.

Have the 100% Chemkote models now made it fully into the distribution network?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can answer this one, yes they are out, I know because I have one in my pocket. I got it in the mail 2 weeks ago. Fully chemkoted version 3.0. Its an LE at that.

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
Hi, again Peter

I have a question about MCDs, Beam Angles,and Bulb Colors. I am a bit confused as to how these 3 combine to affect perceived brightness.

I have been to the arc website and have noted the various led outputs and corresponding beam angles. I will list most here for reference.

Eg. Turquoise AAA: 4800mcd 30deg. beam angle
White AAA: 6400mcd 20deg.
Blue AAA: 3200mcd 30deg.
Green AAA: 3400mcd 30deg.
Red AAA: 8500mcd 24deg.
Orange AAA: 10000mcd 15deg.
Yellow AAA: 8000mcd 15deg.

1.) I am under the impression that the greater the beam angle the more diffused the light resulting in a dimmer perceived brightness(how it looks to the eye)while holding bulb color(wavelength)and power supply constant. Is this accurate?

2.) I was wondering what the beam angle is on both the turquoise EV and on the ARC LE as these are not stated on the website.

3.) If, as I'm guessing, the bulb angles are 30deg. for the EV and 20deg. for the LE. How then do the two lights compare in perceived brightness(to the eye).
IE. Although you mentioned earlier that the turquoise ev had the most output of any of the ARC AAA lights. Is its perceived brightness reduced because of its wider beam angle actually making the LE with its smaller beam angle brighteer to the eye, all be it a white bulb.

4.)I guess bottom line, of all currently produced ARC AAAs, including EV bulb and LE which light/color/beam angle combo is the brightest to the eye. (Although this may be considered subjective I'll take your eyes word for it so to speak.

Thanks Peter, I hope this helps a lot of others out there as well.
I'm sure it will help my confused ---.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackStraw:
Yes, I'd like to see a separate forum header with threads concerning LS, LE, CPF, AAA, etc. That of course is up to admin, but it sure would make for easier disussions and might even reduce server & bandwidth usage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably doesn't need a forum, just start threads on each of the topics.

You might not even need different threads for the AAA vs. LE, perhaps just AAA/LE, CPF, LS, and Misc. or something?

-john

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the time being, only Gransee can start threads. But any registered member can reply. If he wants that changed I will do so.

OrBy

Newly Enlightened
Well I just got one of the newer arc aaa uv's with the new style led's in em...
WOW is what i gotta say!
That new 12mw led kicks A$$ - very bright.
The head was chemkoted the body inside was not. That stuff really does make the turning on and off of the light more fluid. I do like improved ha+ the new grip is less "nail file" like and is more plesant to use.

Peter: are you using newer 0-rings as well on these 3.0's? They seem a bit better finished as well. (no little rubber cuttings hanging off)

Keep up the good work!

(edit - wanted to add some pic's)
uvwall.jpg

leuv.jpg

Happy Arc owner.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OrBy:
Well I just got one of the newer arc aaa uv's with the new style led's in em...
WOW is what i gotta say!
That new 12mw led kicks A$$ - very bright.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
A little off topic, but that little 12mw. UV light will drive those GID pigments absolutely crazy
shocked.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
DavidW - Thank you for listening, it is most appeciated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
Mr.Gransee, it would be "super swell" if you
could post the "CPF edition" order link right about...NOW! It's just that I can only get online at home at night. Maybe I could sweeten the deal a little with some Baked goods courtesy of "Superwife"?
How did you put it earlier?..."Rrright"
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

OrBy

Newly Enlightened
vcal - You know it
smile.gif

Hey on that topic some one posted before about about adding thoes GID pigments to the filler used in the arc aaa heads - so it kinda turned into a always on light. What ever happened to this idea?

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OrBy:
adding thoes GID pigments to the filler used in the arc aaa heads - so it kinda turned into a always on light. What ever happened to this idea?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The idea is still alive and well - in my head. I'm planning on doing it just as soon as I get off my lazy a$$ and order some powder. I'm not sure what you mean about the "filler used in the ... heads." I'm planning on just painting the reflector with the stuff. Should actually improve the beam on my black Infinity as well (since so far I've left its reflector black).

D

**DONOTDELETE**

OrBy is right on, the newer UV light is considerably brighter than the older gen. UV.

It can put out enough light to actually see around the house in the dark, even though it's not made for that purpose!!!!
grin.gif

Today, I'll be reloading software and all the fun that goes with having to do a clean sweep of the hard drive thanks to some *&^%$^&%$@$$#@#$@$# who managed to infect my "Norton Protected" computer with a nasty virus! SO IF I DON'T POST FOR A WHILE, I'll BE EXCUSED.

Shine on.....

Steve
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.