Arc LS or E2E with KL1 - or both ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Andrews

Enlightened
I've ordered an E2E but would like a LED light also. Should I wait for the KL1 head or go ahead and buy an LS. My wallet says wait for KL1 but the obsessive within says get both......
I'm probably asking the wrong people!!!!!!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ask the question either or both on this forum, you're going to be told to get both everytime. If you can hold on for a couple more weeks, you might get updated info on the KL1. A few people have said it will be the ultimate low dome luxeon star light. Another thing to consider is the packaging. The tail cap switch of the E1 is nice but the Arc LS in 123 battery pack is the ultimate in compactness and is much easily pocketable then the E1 in my opinion.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the portability you want. The ARC LS is half the size of even the E1 w/KL1. The Arc LS version 2 will be out soon too.
wink.gif

You need both.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I donno? You have a AAA? If not the answer is to get both the Arc LS and AAA to go with your E2e
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are strong suggestions that the KL1 will be out in a couple of weeks.

What you get with the E1e/E2e + KL1 is refinement. In terms of switching (LOTC Pressure Switch), PocketClip for secure, easily accessible carry, and the KL1 with real regulation gives you higher output and maintains it.

If you get both, I bet you'll end up shelving your ArcLS1 or trying to get rid of it.

Al

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to agree with Al The Arc LS is still in its infancy and it is not a mainstream light yet. Peter G. is working on bugs and has done a fantastic job in taking care of his customers but he even makes mention on his website that it is a product in its early stages.... I say sit it out and wait for KL1

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
What you get with the E1e/E2e + KL1 is refinement.
If you get both, I bet you'll end up shelving your ArcLS1 or trying to get rid of it.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ROFLMAO - didn´t we had that issue lately with "Surefire is the best - f*ck the rest" - and now comes this very strong statement about a not-yet-shipping product to be "refined" (´cause I guess all SF are refined - by definition) - and that another shipping-for-a-year-already-product will certainly be "shelved or gotten rid off"

Al - I didn´t posted on that thread - besides having my own points towards the issue - but this does so very much substantiate the points brought up then --- so why not just rename this part of CPF into "General Surefire Discussion Forum" ?
grin.gif

Oh - and BTW - I do own (besides certainly too many flashlights in general) a SF E2E and ARC LS - and I do use the ARC LS far more often than the SF - and for me I see no reason to go out and buy the KL1 head (price ? Can´t you buy an ARC SLS for it ?).

Regards

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.