Arclight AAA Limited ED. HELP

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Long time lurker, first time poster. I need HELP: after running through months worth of posts / reviews, I have made my choice for a pocket LED: Arclight AAA. Seems like the perfect quality I am looking for. Now I have 2 questions: 1)is the Arclight AAA Limited Edition that much better (ie: light quality / brightness, durability, etc.) over the standard AAA? There is a major price diff (best price online? where to go?) and I was wondering if it's worth it. I can't find a review on the AAA-LE, all of the reviews cover the AAA standard model. 2)And how do you tell a 2nd generation light from the 1st? Is there a package diff? If I wind up with a 1st gen. can I send it in for an upgrade?
Thanks.
Brian

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
Long time lurker, first time poster. I need HELP: after running through months worth of posts / reviews, I have made my choice for a pocket LED: Arclight AAA. Seems like the perfect quality I am looking for. Now I have 2 questions: 1)is the Arclight AAA Limited Edition that much better (ie: light quality / brightness, durability, etc.) over the standard AAA? There is a major price diff (best price online? where to go?) and I was wondering if it's worth it. I can't find a review on the AAA-LE, all of the reviews cover the AAA standard model. 2)And how do you tell a 2nd generation light from the 1st? Is there a package diff? If I wind up with a 1st gen. can I send it in for an upgrade?
Thanks.
Brian
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Brian and welcome!

Well the LE uses the same Nachia bulb as the standard but they have been pre-sorted and are the brighter one`s in a group (as I understand it). They also have a more yellow tint that many (myself included) prefer.

But whether the slight increase in brightness is worth the extra bucks is a matter of opinion. Most of us here are willing to spend a little more to have the slight edge, we are flashaholics after all.

But to a casual user it may not be worth the extra...I think the fact that you are posting here would indicate you have at least some flashaholic tendency. So my answer to you is yes, it`s worth it.

As far as the best price the Arc co. has a list of dealer listed on the web site.
I have always bought direct from the Arc co...but that maybe because I enjoy pestering Mr. Gransee to send me the best of the best. And, while he always says he`s sent me the best one, I know he just pulled one off the shelf and stuck it in a bag.

But that ok...their all nice and bright.

I am not sure if the LE is the only one that comes with the superhard anodized finish. Maybe Peter would step in and answer this?

Anyway, get the LE...if you don`t you`ll always be wondering...The Arc is a great choice. You won`t be disapointed.

Ken

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
I can't find a review on the AAA-LE, all of the reviews cover the AAA standard model. 2)And how do you tell a 2nd generation light from the 1st? Is there a package diff? If I wind up with a 1st gen. can I send it in for an upgrade?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: I haven't reviewed the LE because I don't have one.

2: The newer versions of the Arc will have a foam insert on the bottom of the PCB. That is the most obvious and noticeable difference.

An earlier model had a thin, wide rubber strap where an O-ring would be expected; but both the very first Arc and the very latest model use a true O-ring.
The very first does not have that foam doughnut thing in it, so you can tell it apart from the newest version.

Looks like it's picture time again.
So let's get out the handy-dandy evidence gathering kit and see what we've got...

3arcs.jpg

As you can see by the picture, the most distinguishing feature of the newer Arc is that foam device on the bottom of the PCB. It is there to stop the battery from rattling when the light is off.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a review of the ARC-AAA-LE on my site...

The "buying decision clincher" for me was the hard anodize finish - able to take a beating against my keys without significant wear.

mikep

Enlightened
FWIW, I just got a regular Arc AAA to 'hold me over' until a CPF edition Arc LE is available.
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikep:
FWIW, I just got a regular Arc AAA to 'hold me over' until a CPF edition Arc LE is available.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I not sure how soon they`ll be out but it`s on my hit list as well
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got my arc LE today. It is great! I noticed that the knurling is so fine that I could file my nails with it.

KenBar

Enlightened
Sorry if I missed this...

Where is the cheapest place to get the LE?
What should you expect to pay there?

Peter has often encouraged to buy elsewhere to get a better price...

I am ready to get an LE and I just hate getting old inventory etc etc etc.

Thanks

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenBar:
Sorry if I missed this...

Where is the cheapest place to get the LE?
What should you expect to pay there?

Peter has often encouraged to buy elsewhere to get a better price...

I am ready to get an LE and I just hate getting old inventory etc etc etc.

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken, you might check with William over at Texas Tactical (CPF member TTS)-they had 'em a month ago at around 26-$27.

JollyRoger

Enlightened
I'd definitely get the ARC LE, Brian. The type III hard anodized finish is great, the light output is superb...and you'll be owning the best ARC AAA that has a 10-year guarantee! (all of them do)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What I like better about the Arc LE is: 1. it's brighter 1a. the head is much harder to turn 2. the contact points seem to be better finished 3. the foam 'washer' seems to be more securely and accurately glued on (I had a couple of Arcs fail because the stickum from the foam smeared over the positive contacts - fixed when cleaned) 4. the finish is nice...
grin.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
Going to order mine in a few minutes from Texas Tact.
Thanks for help Videocal!

Ken

ps..because of you KenB I got it LOL
" Anyway, get the LE...if you don`t you`ll always be wondering...The Arc is a great choice. You won`t be disapointed."

FYI...here is info.

Yes we have them for $25.99 plus $4.40 shipping to a US address. International shipping is slightly higher. Just give us a call 1-877-4POLICE