Are Nitecore lights any good?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they like most companies make good stuff and bad/or over looked stuff. they can be quite gimicy which is a problem, does the new chameleon need the smaller rgb's ? . most wont use them it adds complexity to the ui and is more to go wrong. if i was going to buy one it would be the srt6 no frills simple light and i trust that would be 100% reliable, the rest of the srt line looks good too but should all really have rgb options.
I have a ex11 and ife1 both been abused and run sweet. i have a shelf D10 camo sp which works fine & i had a NEX for a while but that blew - prob down to me. however im using the case and switch with a different driver now and the body is very solid feeling and nice to hold, i have never had to use the spare switch too.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
I have had my MT2A for over a year, EDC it and run it on NiMH rechargeable batteries. It's been flawless.

ven

Flashaholic
My experience has been good,ea4 and ea8,p25 and tm15 have been faultless. Admittedly none have been used in anger but no melting buttons or switches going fubar.

I like nitecore as i think they are 1 of the leaders in innervation,great designs and some clever ui .I like fenix too as they bring some interesting lights out and i find a breath of fresh air from bland designs.P12 being one of the latest editions,of which is excellent value ..........bang for buck

imo nitecore offer great value for money as well as a good all round package,something for almost everyone in their designs unless had a bad experience of course.

i4 charger has been spot on too along with the 3 nitecore cells i use as food for some lights.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading this thread, I feel somewhat sick.

Look at the thread title...it is going to attract people who have had problems. I bet for every complaint here, there are 5, or 10, or 50 people who have had good experiences with Nitecore. Yeah, sometimes problem lights get through...but I don't think that is a big reason to not buy from a given manufacturer. I've had two lights arrive essentially DOA, a FourSevens from Illumination Supply, and a Sunwayman from Going Gear. Both were promptly replaced with flawless lights. I don't see this as a reason to not buy another FourSevens or Sunwayman light...it happens. If you start a thread like this, with so many people giving input, you are bound to see problems with ANY manufacturer.

Of course, I grease up threads and O rings, but I have never submerged ANY of my lights. Is this light actually a toy?

I have submerged ALL of my lights...to me that is basic testing. I don't do anything fancy, just a few minutes in a bowl. If it can handle that, it can handle rain, or being dropped in a puddle, or being covered in snow. These are the real-world applications that are important to me. The only one I dive with is my Elzetta...if that can't handle it, I don't know what can. My TM26 is no exception...I have purchased two (gave one away this Christmas), and both of them were fully watertight, and function flawlessly. I certainly don't view it as merely a toy.

Beside the tiny size and incredible output, the most valuable thing on this light is its OLED display. It has no peer. I have been looking. If there is, please tell me before I buy another TM26.

I agree...once I use the OLED, I really hate going back to any other light. It makes it SO much more convenient to monitor temp, charge, and runtime. With most lights you just take a guess...with this one you know. Definitely one of the best features, and I haven't seen another like it.

Is there anyone out there, besides the guys on YouTube, how have used the **** out of this light, nightly, etc. for a while? I sure haven't.

I haven't used mine every night, by any means, but I have carried it all day (around 14 hours straight) a few times, and used it pretty extensively for night hiking, hours at a time in a variety of conditions. No shelf queens for me...if I don't use it, I don't want to own it. I use my TM11vn, my P25, my P25vn, and my SRT7 as well. And none of them have failed me in any way. If you read through the TM26 thread, you'll find reports from a guy who uses it in his security job, patrolling an area.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TM26 is no exception...I have purchased two (gave one away this Christmas), and both of them were fully watertight, and function flawlessly.

Thank ya kindly, it's being used everyday to illuminate...trees.

Foot Hill

Newly Enlightened
Tm26 just started giving me troubles,
not turning off from low mode. 1 out of @8 times the light will not turn off from low (3 lumens) and @1 out of 10 times goes from 3 lumens then with full press (to turn off) goes straight to 540 lumens. :(
Purchased from amazon and they are sending replacement and return box so when I receive my replacement ill send my defective light back to them. Can't ask any better service than this as ill not be without it.
And... After using this power wall of light and perfect form factor I really can't be with out it.

First nitecore light for me. About two weeks before it started to show problems. Guess I'm a little gun-shy now but... With out the zebralight 6330 available not many choices.
Plus the oled display really is s game changer and with every thing else your just guessing on run times.
Also love the built in charger.
Quality seams great overall, just switch problem.
Better quality than I expected... But not trouble free..so far

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nitecore lights have "character."

If you want something just plain Uber reliable, you're likely better off looking elsewhere. Though I personally still love my Original EZAA model.

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
My wife is into birds (so I'm into birds, watching, not shooting). She got herself a pair of Canon 18x50 image stabilizing binoculars. The sales person told her to treat the binoculars as she would an SLR camera. I really think of the TM26 in that way. I don't toss it or drop it. I do battery tests with it and I'm thinking of naming it. (It's late at night) I have turned into such a flashlight junky! Has anyone checked out the TM36 thread? Someone wrote that they are going to have to drop the "tiny" on this one. SBT70 emitter. Big, fat, single lens, like a big Olight. And all this growing out of the body of a TM26. Nightmare, maybe. But it's got the OLED display (and the same crappy camera button switch).

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
nitecore is also deceptive with their advertising showing a very nice flat regulation, but actually the HC50 probably has the WORST regulation of any modern flashlight from a major manufacturer.

OmCeJ1A.jpg

HC50-NoCool1.gif

xnmw

Newly Enlightened
I like my MH2C. Charging works well, light works well--I use it zip-tied to my helmet for mountain biking.
I would definitely get another Nitecore light with built-in charging.

Latest posts