Are there any RED or UV D26/P60 sized LED drop-ins out there?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been able to find any information on any. Are their any RED or UV D26/P60 sized LED drop-ins out there?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, thanks! I wonder if that is the Cree or Luxeon. I don't think either one has updated their UV emitters in quite awhile though. The other day I thought I remembered a place that sold red drop-ins, but I can't remember, maybe it doesn't exist. :shrug:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the DX is the only UV I've ever seen. Never seen a stock red one, wish someone would make 'em as well. I've suggested it to Lumens Factory when they were taking suggestions for their new dropins but unfortunately it doesn't look like they followed my advice.
I'd also love to see a teal one... :sigh:
If you really want one though talk ot milkyspit, he surely can get it done for you.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been awhile since I made that post. Since then I've gotten a hold of a red KL1 in the Marketplace. I paired it up with a F04 beamshaper, clipless E1 body in nat hard anodize and a Z52.

redled.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the results. :grin2:

It's tiny, light weight, runs forever on one CR123a, and has a perfect smooth beam. The forward voltage of the red LED is likely 2.2V<, so it still runs at full brightness with one cell.

It's wide beam is great for night navigation when I don't want to lose my night vision. A nice light for amateur astronomers as well!

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the DX is the only UV I've ever seen. Never seen a stock red one, wish someone would make 'em as well. I've suggested it to Lumens Factory when they were taking suggestions for their new dropins but unfortunately it doesn't look like they followed my advice.
I'd also love to see a teal one... :sigh:

Never know, they might if they get enough requests. I hope it would be fairly deep red for us tactical/astronomer/night fisherman/whatever types that like to preserve our night vision.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's kinda off topic, but I once had a red KL1 which I modded myself with a McR reflector. I sold it off... now I wish I hadn't. :shrug:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pictures, what size was the reflector? Somebody mentioned in another thread that the McR20 does not fit in the older KL1's.