Are third generation eneloop is still manufactured?

karpada

Newly Enlightened
I've just purchased third generation eneloops HR-4UTGB ( AAA ).
Manufacturing date on the battery is Jan2014 are these originals?

hazza

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, I just got some 4th gen ones and they are dates Feb 2014. However, they haven't really been easy to get hold of until very recently, so I suspect you may have got some of the last gen 3's!

markr6

Flashaholic
Interesting, I just got some 4th gen ones and they are dates Feb 2014. However, they haven't really been easy to get hold of until very recently, so I suspect you may have got some of the last gen 3's!

I've been getting some 4th gen on Amazon for a few months now. No, they're not fake :)

Etsu

Enlightened
Why would they be fake? Does the entire manufacturing line switch over to the next generation all at the same time? I don't see why they can't produce both 3rd and 4th gen at the same time, until all lines are ready to switch to the new process and all produce 4th gen. Better to switch over the lines slowly, in case an error in manufacturing is found.

markr6

Flashaholic
Why would they be fake?

Because SOOO many people have been screwed in the past. Lots of shady people out there looking for a quick buck. Read reviews here and on Amazon. Luckily I haven't came across any since 2008. Google search "fake eneloops"

Etsu

Enlightened
While that may be true, the manufacturing date has nothing to do with fakes. If they can fake a wrapper, they can fake a date code.

markr6

Flashaholic
While that may be true, the manufacturing date has nothing to do with fakes. If they can fake a wrapper, they can fake a date code.

OK. But all I was saying is that Amazon had 4th Gen Eneloops for at least a few months now, and they're not fake (the ones I received). So if anyone else wants to trust them, it's a decent price at the moment.

karpada

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for helping!

I suspect they may be counterfeit because (photo below):
1. blue smudge
2. HR-4UTGB was not manufactured in 2014
3. the word "CONSULT" is broken without a hyphen.

15ft63p.jpg

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for helping!

I suspect they may be counterfeit because (photo below):
1. blue smudge
2. HR-4UTGB was not manufactured in 2014
3. the word "CONSULT" is broken without a hyphen.

Ouch. Yes, on my cells the warning description definitely doesn't break up words like that! They're probably fakes, and not even good fakes! Either that, or the QC guy at Sanyo needs to be fired.

Latest posts