ARGO HP (2x123) Headlamp

colterbay2005

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved an ARGO HP 2x123 Headlamp made by Streamlight....it is quite a dissappointment. Has anybody else used one of these headlamps?

I really like the form factor and the use of 123 batts but the plastic housing is very cheap and flimsy and it rings when on the low setting. Current regulation?, PWM? or voltage regulation?...anybody know how to tell what kind of regulation is being used?

It also uses a side-emitting luxeon I so the beam is not so great. I plan to replace the stock SE with an new 1 watt High dome...I believe that will improve the beam quality.

So the wait continues for the perfect headlamp.....I'm waiting for the HDS AL3.....Well does anybody have any other thoughts on the ARGO HP 2x123?

Thanks,
Daniel...looking forward to a formal review by Quickbeam.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I remember that one. By KSBman, the guy who handed out a shatload of lights for Christmas. Got one myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. He ran it over a couple of times, because its features were so dissapointing. The electronics sucked I heard.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The crushed argo in the link is a different one - The Argo HP uses 2 123A cells, not AAA cells.

I have a request in to one of my contacts for one for review - hopefully I'll hear something soon.