ArmyTek Partner A1, A2, C1 Series (XP-G and XM-L, AA and CR123A) Review: RUNTIMES+

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
Thanks for your awesome reviews Selfbuilt! Since discovering your reviews, I have never bought a light without checking out your reviews..

Wondering if any one has tried out the A1 Limited Edition XML-U2- claims 390 Lm with a AA 45 mins and 700 Lm with a 14500.
Still only 2 modes...
Thinking of ordering one....just wanted to see if any one had tried it out though...

Got one a couple of weeks ago ...very bright on eneloops beats my sc52 try n put pics up later

alltoclear

Newly Enlightened
Does the Partner C1 comes with a buck/boost driver like those found on the wizard pro??

Ageemos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your awesome reviews Selfbuilt! Since discovering your reviews, I have never bought a light without checking out your reviews..

Wondering if any one has tried out the A1 Limited Edition XML2-U2- claims 390 Lm with a AA 45 mins and 700 Lm with a 14500.
Still only 2 modes...
Thinking of ordering one....just wanted to see if any one had tried it out though...

It would be great if somebody would test these claims. If they are true or not.

Brunberg

Newly Enlightened
Just got one of these, A1 XM-L2. Weird that my lamp is with normal optic, I understood that all XM-L2 models are with that honeycomp-type optic? I even opened the head and measured the led with "mauser"(what is it called?) and it was 5x5mm, XM-L2.

radu1976

Enlightened
Selfbuilt, you got a 1:18 hrs runtime on HIGH for A2 XP-G using ENELOOPs.
My XP-G2 A2 run for 1:45 hrs with 2,000mAh ENELOOPS until the step-down and for 2:15 hrs with 2,450mAh ones.
Is it possible I have an overachiever ??

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Selfbuilt, you got a 1:18 hrs runtime on HIGH for A2 XP-G using ENELOOPs.
My XP-G2 A2 run for 1:45 hrs with 2,000mAh ENELOOPS until the step-down and for 2:15 hrs with 2,450mAh ones.
Is it possible I have an overachiever ??
If they have kept the drive level the same, I would expect a slight increase in runtime on current XP-G2 (due to the presumably higher output bin selection over time). Note that my runtime measure is only time to 50% - it would be longer if you are counting to time to ANSI FL-1 10%.

But as a general rule, an output overchiever would typically mean an output underachiever if everything else stays the same. The original circuit was already very efficient, so I doubt they could squeeze much more out there. Of course, there is a bound to be some variability due to the specific emitter/circuit/battery, etc.

dJippe

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know is this "xm-l2 limited" version with updated driver/user interface without that 7minutes delay?

Last edited:

stanleywen

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know is this "xm-l2 limited" version with updated driver/user interface without that 7minutes delay?

I sold my Partner A2 XM-L and bought a A2 XM-L2 (Limited Edition). The 7 minutes delay is still there, and there is no 3rd mode.

But the limited edition uses a clear TIR optic. The beamshot looks similar to the XP-G edition.

D6859

Enlightened
I sold my Partner A2 XM-L and bought a A2 XM-L2 (Limited Edition). The 7 minutes delay is still there, and there is no 3rd mode.

But the limited edition uses a clear TIR optic. The beamshot looks similar to the XP-G edition.

I was wondering if it's possible I got an XM-L2 version with clear lens but it seems so! So can I trust it has the runtime of XM-L2 and the throw of XP-G edition? :)