Armytek wizard new snap in clip.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Just got my new wizard today, it has a new press in head band clip. It's made of plastic, looks ok but I haven't tried it yet. Seems to have a decent grip of the wizard and it's obviously a lot easier to remove the light from the clip, can't see me knocking the lamp out of the clip, but I suppose it would be possible.

My my older rubber holder snapped so I ordered 2 more which have been ok, but saying that I haven't really moved them from their clip. Anybody had any experience of the newer snap in clip?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't aware of this new clip. Hopefully they are for sale separately as it sounds great!

kj2

Flashaholic
Photo from my AT dealer;

30tm990.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is great. I might have to upgrade mine if it's easy to do so. I never take mine out of the rubber mount because I thought I almost created a crack in mine. It's held up great since then but it would be cool to be able to take it out easily when camping.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems this is the new clip for the USB version of the Wizard.

Tulip Bush, would you mind commenting on the strength of the battery compared to the previous version with the removable battery in the tailcap. Is it a strong magnet?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I know AT sells headbands with holders on their site but wonder if they're selling the new ones. If so I would buy one as wanted to try EDC the Wizard but it was too much of a PITA with the previous holder.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully AT has tested this at cold temps, like 10F, for resistance to cracking. I am optimistic. AT usually has very good mechanical engineering, as opposed to their unimpressive electrical engineering.

What is needed now on the Wizards (and Primes) is an improved pocket clip.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Noboneshotdog.....sorry for late reply.....its just the standard wizard so no magnet.

ThinAirDesigns

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the body diameter is the same on the Wizard and the Wizard Pro?

In other words will this new clip work on the non-pro Wizard models as well as the Pro?

Thanks
JB

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the body diameter is the same on the Wizard and the Wizard Pro?

In other words will this new clip work on the non-pro Wizard models as well as the Pro?

Thanks
JB

They are the same except the pro version has the magnetic tailcap. So yes, both will fit.

parametrek

Enlightened
Someone at /r/flashlight contacted Armytek a few weeks ago about the availability of the new clip. It will likely be added to their store this month.