Armytek Wizard One Pro return thread

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to start a thread after reading about someone that was sent a wrong light in the CPF Marketplace/Armytek site. Has anyone here sent their lights back to China yet and what process did you use and was it trackable and what did it cost, and what was your location?

petr9999

Newly Enlightened
I returned it in an actual store in the Czech Republic, but picked something else (eagletac d25c Ti) instead so i wouldnt hurt the store(not their fault)

syracuse

Newly Enlightened
I sent my wizard pro back on July9 due to the standby heat up issue. I sent it by registered airmail, with tracking number. I also took the photo of the packaging / the bill from my post service and sent them to Sandra on that shipping date. Unfortunately, my light got lost in China, at Guangzhou International.
I've contacted ArmyTek about situations when my flashlight was lost in the way. They informed me that all such cases are considered and solved individually.
Anyway in my case, They will send me the new light as soon as it goes through the tests, And it doesn't matter if they manage to find the lost one or not.
Yesterday, August 6, they just refund 15$ to me for the return shipping cost. I should get the replaced light shortly.
I'm very appreciate with the way they respond to my problem.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
Sent mine back on July 26th via USPS Int. 1st Class w/tracking. Was $9.45, plus about $6 gas, addressing & packaging, 1 hour driving time, waiting in line, filling out customs form. My FastTech battery order shipped from Hong Kong using this method and took one week. I looked up FedEx economy for the same 2.8oz that I weighed my return package at and they wanted $90.40. The USPS stated that tracking/delivery could only be guaranteed for the US portion of the shipment as further tracking depended on the other countries postal service and their tracking policies/reliability. My package appears to have left the US on July 30th and there have been no further tracking posts. Going by the time from Hong Kong to US it should have arrived back at Armytek on the 2nd of August but I've heard nothing further from Armytek.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the updates guys. I think I'll wait for a few more reponses before sending my lights back. Last thing is I want to throw $200 away to never see again.

argleargle

Enlightened
I sent my wizard pro back on July9 due to the standby heat up issue. I sent it by registered airmail, with tracking number. I also took the photo of the packaging / the bill from my post service and sent them to Sandra on that shipping date. Unfortunately, my light got lost in China, at Guangzhou International. I've contacted ArmyTek about situations when my flashlight was lost in the way. They informed me that all such cases are considered and solved individually. Anyway in my case, They will send me the new light as soon as it goes through the tests, And it doesn't matter if they manage to find the lost one or not. Yesterday, August 6, they just refund 15$ to me for the return shipping cost. I should get the replaced light shortly.I'm very appreciate with the way they respond to my problem.
Please tell us again or give a thread link about the Armytek standby heatup issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

syracuse

Newly Enlightened
Please tell us again or give a thread link about the Armytek standby heatup issue. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

Just insert a battery(protected / non protected) and screw the tail cap all the way down. With out doing anything, the headlamp will gradually get warm. After 20 minutes, it was very very warm.
I found this strange behavior from day one. Then I sent an e-mail to ArmyTek and they asked me to sent the light back to China.

argleargle

Enlightened
This sounds like you're describing a short in the default design. This is way past parasitic drain. Darn. Armytek predator/viking was on my short list!

I'm really interested in this fault and its resolution. Could you all tell me about its progress, please?

I was fascinated by their claimed low mode runtimes and programmable interface. Just some production bug, right? I'd like to know more, please.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
This sounds like you're describing a short in the default design. This is way past parasitic drain. Darn. Armytek predator/viking was on my short list!

I'm really interested in this fault and its resolution. Could you all tell me about its progress, please?

I was fascinated by their claimed low mode runtimes and programmable interface. Just some production bug, right? I'd like to know more, please.
This is just one of several bugs discovered in the new production model. Lock outs in all the ones originally sent out and jarring causing them to suddenly stop working. Defective AR coating in some. Problems with the rubber head band holder in all of them as well. You might want to wait until users confirm that all the bugs have been taken care of. Also, their lumens/run times are based on LED emitter lumens, not OTF or Ansi so they are not real world usage lumens.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just one of several bugs discovered in the new production model. Lock outs in all the ones originally sent out and jarring causing them to suddenly stop working. Defective AR coating in some. Problems with the rubber head band holder in all of them as well. You might want to wait until users confirm that all the bugs have been taken care of. Also, their lumens/run times are based on LED emitter lumens, not OTF or Ansi so they are not real world usage lumens.

Yes, there were several bugs. But Armytek have been very responsive to each and claim to have fixed all of them with updated firmware. To be fair the 'problems' with the headband are subjective, and the jarring didn't damage the light itself, but simply cut it out due to breaking connection for a moment. Armytek explained why they chose not to use dual springs in the CPFMP thread.

I agree that you should wait for confirmation of the bug fixes before ordering, but don't let it put you off the light altogether. In my opinion it is a fantastic headlamp, probably the market leader, and stood behind by a very competent and communicative company.

Btw, I sent mine back for the firmware update yesterday via the Royal Mail's basic untracked Airmail. Hopefully they'll get it within 2 weeks.

dpc

Newly Enlightened
Mine turned up this week and I have no issues. Maybe it's all been fixed.

petr9999

Newly Enlightened
Try tailstanding it at room temp on max, and see how long it works till it steps down, also if the orange warning blinks, and what it steps down to?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's the new firmware it should be quite obvious, the UI is different. You need a triple click from OFF or any mode to access turbo and double clicks cycle between last used modes in sets 1 and 2, the 30 lumen mode has been moved down to set 1 as well, along with a few other updates.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does anyone here on CPF actually have one of the revised firmware Wizards in their hands yet?

dpc

Newly Enlightened
I think I do.
It turned up this week after a delay in posting. I presume they were waiting for new stock.

It seems ok to me. It doesn't get warm by just putting the battery in, and it doesn't turn off by bumping it when on.

In general it seems fine.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happens if you triple click from off? What happens if you double click from the 250 lumen level?

dpc

Newly Enlightened
If you triple click from off, it's the same as on,off,on. You end up in the last mode you were in when you turned it off last.
If you double click in firefly mode you go to the last saved level in main mode.
If you double click in main mode, you end up in high.
If you double click in high, you go back to main mode.

When you turn it on with a quick click it goes back to where you were before you turned it off. That may be firefly or a main mode.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately that means that you have the original version.

The lock-out bug doesn't show up unless you turn the indicator LED off and the other issue is that the colour warning LEDs don't flash yellow/orange/red at temperature incremements before the thermal stepdown.

Latest posts