Armytek Wizard One Pro return thread

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
So they are still selling the old versions at retailers? I would think they would have recalled all stock from stores like Going gear or whomever sells Armytek. Please tell me that is not the case as I would be pissed if I ordered one today not knowing the history of these and then finding out later that there was a revision but it wasn't dealt with in a recall manner from the retailer end, thereby leaving the burden with the customer, which is what I still have a problem with.

syracuse

Newly Enlightened
According to Armytek's post in CPFMP "All bugs are fixed and some changes are made in the temperature indication:

when it increases to +60°C, the color LED shows the warning level once a second.
After +70°C the main LED flashes 5 times. After +75°C the light output decreases to Main4 mode (550lm).
Critical level >+80°C is color indicated twice a second and light output decreases to Firefly2 mode.

The new UI will be in version 1.5 which is being prepared for production and will be available after the current promotion which is till August, 18." I think dpc has got the bug fixed version, but still the old UI.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
According to Armytek's post in CPFMP "All bugs are fixed and some changes are made in the temperature indication:

when it increases to +60°C, the color LED shows the warning level once a second.
After +70°C the main LED flashes 5 times. After +75°C the light output decreases to Main4 mode (550lm).
Critical level >+80°C is color indicated twice a second and light output decreases to Firefly2 mode.

The new UI will be in version 1.5 which is being prepared for production and will be available after the current promotion which is till August, 18." I think dpc has got the bug fixed version, but still the old UI.

After reading this I requested that Armytek hold off on sending me a replacement until the new UI is available. They said they would but they left me with the impression that if I hadn't requested this they would have sent me one right away with the old UI. So if you want one with the new UI and your light is close to arriving there you might want to tell them that. Also, Armytek just announced on the CPF marketplace that they are taking orders for the warm version now. I just asked if I could substitute the warm version with the new UI and was told I could though I would have to wait on that as well. So, if they follow through as stated I will be very impressed and happy with Armytek and Armytek's customer service. Hopefully everything will work out for best with this light.

dpc

Newly Enlightened
Well that's interesting. They're still shipping the original.

I do have the indicator turned off though. How do I replicate the lock out problem? Maybe that's been fixed.

Sukram

Newly Enlightened
Sure, good customer service! I didn't have any problems with my replacement. It's a pity that this light has such bug. I can't wait my wizard with the new UI.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am going to wait until someone has a v1.5 in their hands before sending mine in. I want to make sure the v.1.5 upgrade works (without flaws) before shipping off 2 lights to China to get the new version.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's interesting. They're still shipping the original.

I do have the indicator turned off though. How do I replicate the lock out problem? Maybe that's been fixed.

I think they are now shipping a 'bug fixed' v1 UI until the v1.5 is ready and tested. To replicate the lock-out you must go into one of the flashing modes, leave it on for 5 seconds, then switch off, wait for another 5 seconds and try to switch it on again. Sometimes it would lock-up and not come on again after that.

A simpler test may be to run it on turbo with the state indication LED on until overheat protection kicks in, if you get triple flashing green then yellow then orange before the stepdown then you have an updated version. If it steps down just as the first triple green flashed starts then you have one of the original run versions.

speedsix

Enlightened
I consider lights bought from China to be sort of a gamble. I know I will never send one back to aching for warrenty so I don't like the idea of spending $100 on a light that will be throwaway if something goes wrong. I want one of the Wizards but will wait till someone stateside starts selling them.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has now arrived back in China, I am waiting for a warm v1.5 UI version for the replacement though. I have also been refunded $15 to (more than) cover my return shipping costs.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Just called Going Gear they didn't seam to think their is or was a problem with this light, interesting. Said, they just recieved some lights in. I asked if they were the Old version, the guy on the other end didn't know. Will the packaging state version on it or, will it be marked on the inside of the light anybody. ( My Son will love this light)

iron potato

Enlightened
Bought a Warm version 15th last month after got their notification email on Warm tint available for order, only to learned that its the revised old UI version.

After some emails with Sandra, I agreed to send it back to China, Sandra emailed me it reached China on 3rd Sept.

Now, waiting for Warm v1.5UI replacement.