Armytek Wizard/Pro Thread

Lightmycandle

Newly Enlightened
I have been wondering between ZL and AT lights for my running needs. After much reading and research, I chose AT and got all 3 lights today. I am actually a bit disappointed. I got all 3 in the pro version V2. The C model has a defective switch that you have to press and squeeze beyond the click to activate. All three C, A and wizard model has gap between the bezel and the glass. Unless there is something special, I don't see how this can be water resistance let along water proof. I do need it to be at least water resistant to run in bad weather.

The build is solid bezel/glass area not withstanding and heavy the magnet is nice and I don't mind the UI.

Shipping time was OK. Took a while to ship but DHL international was a nice touch. However, if you read their web site, they go in dept and preach on responsibility of checking the package condition and therefore the content condition is on the receiver yet, they ship with a unpadded water proof envelope. 2/3 of my boxes were slightly squashed - for international, I consider my self lucky.

Would you guys who has one check the bezel and glass area? Do they all have gaps? I can actually see some jaggedness one one of the glass piece that's how imprecise it is cut. Absolutely not expecting this on a "top tier" lamp.

Thank you for your feedback

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
I have been wondering between ZL and AT lights for my running needs. After much reading and research, I chose AT and got all 3 lights today. I am actually a bit disappointed. I got all 3 in the pro version V2. The C model has a defective switch that you have to press and squeeze beyond the click to activate. All three C, A and wizard model has gap between the bezel and the glass. Unless there is something special, I don't see how this can be water resistance let along water proof. I do need it to be at least water resistant to run in bad weather.

Shipping time was OK. Took a while to ship but DHL international was a nice touch. However, if you read their web site, they go in dept and preach on responsibility of checking the package condition and therefore the content condition is on the receiver yet, they ship with a unpadded water proof envelope. 2/3 of my boxes were slightly squashed - for international, I consider my self lucky.

How wide is the gap? My Tiara (v1) has a small gap and Wizard (v1.5) has a wider gap, but they're both filled with some elastic seal that makes them waterproof. I could barely fit a toothpick into the gap in Tiara to test if it was filled with something. IIRC I've tested both lights in shower and I washed Tiara in a sink last weekend. If you have doubt, you can test yours in shower. If it breaks, contact the customer service to return it and demand for refund. It should be able take a 10 metre dive.

Also, Tiara/Wizard should be able to take a 10 metre drop. I think DHL wouldn't have been able to break the switch without totally smashing the packet. When you received the package you confirmed that the packet was ok and it's not DHL's fault if the light is broken. If you find the light defect after you've opened the package it's Armytek's fault. If you misuse the light (e.g. drop it over 10 metres, dive wearing it, leave leaking batteries in etc.) and it breaks, it's your fault. Armytek boasts 10 year warranty so their quality control should be more than just good. I think you could return the C if the switch is bothering you.

Lightmycandle

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for letting me known abut the gap and that it is still functional with it. The C switch is for sure defective. Mind you these are new out of the box. I just got them. The plastic bag they were shipped in is of course ok... It is a... plastic bag... No shipping protection from it the protection would come from the boxes lights are in. While I don't doubt their overall qa process, to me, a high $ premium light, I expected better fit/finish. This is just me we all have different tolerance on things. I will contact AT.

Thanks

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for letting me known abut the gap and that it is still functional with it. The C switch is for sure defective. Mind you these are new out of the box. I just got them. The plastic bag they were shipped in is of course ok... It is a... plastic bag... No shipping protection from it the protection would come from the boxes lights are in. While I don't doubt their overall qa process, to me, a high $ premium light, I expected better fit/finish. This is just me we all have different tolerance on things. I will contact AT.

Thanks

Hope yours doesn't do this:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have a small gap like you're describing in my Wizard Pro. However, I've definitely washed mine off and it's been through a lot of rain in the past to no ill effects. It looks to me like the gap on mine is maybe supposed to be there. I think it's filled in but just doesn't stick out as far as the two sections it spans if that makes any sense.

meo

Newly Enlightened
I am thining about getting an Armytek Wizard XM-L2 High CRI, which was a limited edition, and there is not much information anywhere...
Output (runtime): 630 lm (1h 30min), 370 lm (3h), 170 lm (7h), 20 lm (30h), 4 lm (9d)

I found only one thing close to that: not yet available
Zebralight H600Fc III, which has better runtimes.

Should I wait for more expensive Zebralight, or get 90CRI Armytek?

Last edited by a moderator:

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
I am thining about getting an Armytek Wizard XM-L2 High CRI, which was a limited edition, and there is not much information anywhere...
Output (runtime): 630 lm (1h 30min), 370 lm (3h), 170 lm (7h), 20 lm (30h), 4 lm (9d)

I found only one thing close to that: not yet available
Zebralight H600Fc III, which has better runtimes.

Should I wait for more expensive Zebralight, or get 90CRI Armytek?

I am pleased with my 90 cri Armytek. You should get one.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Leedrag

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have some information about the new v3?

For me it looks like they have only changed the LED.

Jake-d

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I have had an armytek wizard pro warm, probably a couple years or so.
I use it daily, and last few months I noticed if I hold down the button to turn on, you go ff1-ff2- main modes.
It will go to firefly one, and two. But when it is trying to change to main one, it pauses. it is like there is a lag, and almost a freeze sometimes. it seems to go through all the other modes OK. but main one, and battery check mode are having issues. I noticed it is worse when the cells are not at 100% charge, more like 50%.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Such a shame. If you get a good one they seem to be great, but it does seem like the chance of that happening has been getting worse.

somalezu

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have some information about the new v3?

For me it looks like they have only changed the LED.

Hi everyone,
I have the same question: Wizard Pro V2 or V3? I am wondering if I should order a V2 from a local dealer or wait for the delivery of the V3 from China ... (I can't find any V3 on stock here in Romania).

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
I have the same question: Wizard Pro V2 or V3? I am wondering if I should order a V2 from a local dealer or wait for the delivery of the V3 from China ... (I can't find any V3 on stock here in Romania).

I would wait for the V3 and wait for some reviews before buying. A lot of people have had issues with Armyteks lately. The Wizard V2 seems to be one of the models that has had many issues like bugs with the firmware causing weird glitches with certain modes exc(run a google search). If you get a good one you might be fine but, I dont like playing the lottery myself.

mickb

Enlightened
I got the armytek wizard regular and sold it the same week. Did a mini review at the time. Quality for mine was good, no problems, operated as advertised.

Problem was it too much of a gap between the 35 and 200 lumen settings for all night trekking. The 35 lumens was too dim for moving across difficult or unknown ground, the 200 lumens sucked power too fast for all night use. Not a problem for shorter periods, but no good for me. The pro has a better breakup of output options.

somalezu

Newly Enlightened
I would wait for the V3 and wait for some reviews before buying. A lot of people have had issues with Armyteks lately. .

I was thinking buying the V3 from eu.nkon.nl but I noticed a warning on that site regarding some bugs in that particular batch of V3 lights.
I wrote to the nkon.nl guys but they didn't reply so I ended up buying the V2, a Panasonic battery and a VC4 charger from a local reseller here in Romania (almost 40 Euros more expensive than knon but pretty helpfull).
It's my first flashlight (I had some particular requirements). I played with it for about one hour and it seems fine for now.