Armytek wizard pro warm FAILURE

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone out there has had complete electronic failure of an armytek wizard pro or non pro and in what way it failed.

I've owned an Xml silver wizard in warm and it got used and run out without any problems other than a cracked lens until it was stolen. Used it for about two years.

Recently I purchased an XHP-50 pro warm and two days ago I had complete failure in which something on the positive contact "exploded" and left solder on the provided 3200 mah 18650. The battery other than having singe marks works perfectly fine and reads well on a multi meter and replacing the battery for another did nothing which didn't surprise me.

Before the incident I was using mode two of the main modes, switched it off sat there and thought maybe turbo two would work better for the picture I was trying to achieve, switched it to turbo which had a weird flickering then switched itself to firefly mode and I proceeded to turn it off. I noticed the light started to quickly heat up without being on so I opened it fast trying to prevent the battery from possibly going thermo nuclear on me and when I opened it up popped the battery out and with it some smoke.

Something on that positive contact board had fried and popped and the light is completely unusable at this point. I've only owned this light for about a week and had never dropped this one, slammed it around, let a battery die in it, etc. Just crapped out on me for no apparent reason. I will say that I did notice if I tried to use the "tactical momentary mode" on turbo or strobe it would only last around three seconds and would dramatically drop way down in output and I would have to turn the light off and when turned back on it would be in standard mode on firefly.

I would just really like to know if anyone out there has experienced anything similar because I couldn't find anything exactly like my problem and it has slightly worried me about the product and reliability.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Wizards. The one I have with the magnetic rechargeable feature went bad. It totally discharged the Armytek 3200 cell in it. Then after I put another cell in it the thing quit when I tried turbo. All my other Wizards have been fine. They are all older models of the Wizard.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
So specifically it was one with the magnetic charger that failed? Both of mine were magnetic chargers but the older one never had any kind of problem ever. I went into buying the second one with the idea of getting a brighter light but was worried about the more modes more problems situation. I'm wondering if it having more going on with the UI makes it a little iffy for something I would have to trust and rely on..