Armytek XHP-50 Headlamp 1600 lumen

mickb

Enlightened
Well said, sir!
We think along the same lines, as you can tell by my sig line.

Thanks fellas, I actually toned down my original post before you guys quoted me. Did not want to over-rant the OP's thread. Glad there are like minded folks on this subject.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Manufacturer
Vendor
Thank you, guys, for creating the thread and discussing our interview and lights here.

Yes, 1600 OTF lumen for Wizard.

We haven`t measured beam distance before shot show.

But we showed a multitool that has great specifications. We have shown the features that other manufacturers do not have at the moment.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
So far so good as far as My Armytek purchases goes. I have been very happy with mine but I just wanted to mention one thing. Flashlight manufacturers should seriously take their products seriously. The majority of us collect flashlights but a huge number of us count on our lights very much. So if there is one feature I count on the most it is dependability!!!! I want to be 100% sure that when I pull out my light that it will turn on!! Flashlight manufacturers are now in a spec war race and every year it will be something new. Just like cell phones, TVs and all other electronics. Haha sucks for me cause my wallet doesn't like this but it is what it is. Makes it exciting to anticipate what's next. Anyways hope you guys love your Armytek lights as much as I do. I for sure depend my life on it every night while at work. It works full time with me and I hope she will hold up. Take care guys.

LessDark

Enlightened
Is there any hope for a MT-G2 version?
:popcorn:
Thank you, guys, for creating the thread and discussing our interview and lights here.

But we showed a multitool that has great specifications. We have shown the features that other manufacturers do not have at the moment.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Max lumens is not the most desirable quality people want in a headlamp though. That is what some of you manufactures dont get. Rarely do I need anywhere near 1600 lumens out of my headlamp. Emitter options and quality(Tint, beam quality(lack of tint shift and lens options), colour temperature, and CRI(the higher the better) are far more important. As is the UI(must have moonlight and instant direct access to high and moonlight, exc.) and quality control/durability/reliability(many use their lights for mission critical uses where a failure could have dire results or even be life threatening). Customer service is very important also.

I suggest you guys(Armytek) stop trying to best everyone in max lumens and work harder on these things. There have been some serious issues with your quality control, customer service, and you offer a very limited selection of emitter and lens options. To compete with companies like Zebralight, this is what needs to improve imo.

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Manufacturer
Vendor
Max lumens is not the most desirable quality people want in a headlamp though. That is what some of you manufactures dont get. Rarely do I need anywhere near 1600 lumens out of my headlamp. Emitter options and quality(Tint, beam quality(lack of tint shift and lens options), colour temperature, and CRI(the higher the better) are far more important. As is the UI(must have moonlight and instant direct access to high and moonlight, exc.) and quality control/durability/reliability(many use their lights for mission critical uses where a failure could have dire results or even be life threatening). Customer service is very important also.

I suggest you guys(Armytek) stop trying to best everyone in max lumens and work harder on these things. There have been some serious issues with your quality control, customer service, and you offer a very limited selection of emitter and lens options. To compete with companies like Zebralight, this is what needs to improve imo.

If you face any problem with our service center or quality control - feel free to write us or call us. Thank you for your thoughts, I have send it to our technical department.

mickb

Enlightened
Guys is there is niche for a maker who does not succumb to the requirement of the UI/Lumen/Mode race?

I mean we have Elzetta/Malkoff/surefire at one end with conservative options and ultimate reliability and all the military customers.

Then we have 25 different brands competing for chasing lumens/modes at the expense of reliability for everyone else.

Is there a place then for another mid priced milspec light out there? Like a competitor at the streamlight level?

Minimal modes, Sensible output, tough as hell, models that don't change year to year, aimed as duty customers and people who want reliability.Hell you guys are over half way there- you already have potted electronics and a name like 'Armytek' .

Just my 2 cents worth...

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
If you face any problem with our service center or quality control - feel free to write us or call us. Thank you for your thoughts, I have send it to our technical department.

It looks like there's a lot of emotion when we see the name Armitek. I think there are many people who would buy your products but do not want to take the chance to pick up with a faulty one or beyond their expectation because of a lack of quality control and correctness of specifications.

When quality control is not there, it is not long that people are informed. That must be why when we contacted you about a problem, you asked us to keep it private if you suspect that it could be broadcast on the forums.

When you have nothing to hide... People need to be informed before buying a product and that's why they are here.

Before having a problem with my last purchase of an Armitek flashlight, I had a different opinion, but since I had to negotiate with your customer service and having read a lot about you, I changed my mind.

Now, it'll be more difficult to trust one of your product. The consumer is always right. In your case, it seems the opposite.

It's too bad for you because there are other companies who do all they can to satisfy their customers. They understood that if you make a dissatisfied client, you risk losing 100 with the media today.

MX421

Enlightened
It looks like there's a lot of emotion when we see the name Armitek. I think there are many people who would buy your products but do not want to take the chance to pick up with a faulty one or beyond their expectation because of a lack of quality control and correctness of specifications.

When quality control is not there, it is not long that people are informed. That must be why when we contacted you about a problem, you asked us to keep it private if you suspect that it could be broadcast on the forums.

When you have nothing to hide... People need to be informed before buying a product and that's why they are here.

Before having a problem with my last purchase of an Armitek flashlight, I had a different opinion, but since I had to negotiate with your customer service and having read a lot about you, I changed my mind.

Now, it'll be more difficult to trust one of your product. The consumer is always right. In your case, it seems the opposite.

It's too bad for you because there are other companies who do all they can to satisfy their customers. They understood that if you make a dissatisfied client, you risk losing 100 with the media today.

+1

It seems at every junction there are revelations that seem to refute any claim by Armytek. A good example of this is the company claim to being Canadian when everything comes from China. I remember someone posting on here that the address was a townhome instead of a factory or even a office. If we the consumer do not trust your company, we will not buy your product. Its too bad really, because the products i have i really like allot. Even I've had bad experiences though and have had to send back a product or two.

marsalla

Newly Enlightened
I will try to remain objective regarding Armytek brand but overall I feel this maker has major design and quality control issues. I currently own two Armytek lights; one i love and one is total junk. I have returned two armytek headlamps due to due to faulty voltage regulation which made one not run on regular AA batteries and one run on 14500 batteries. And yes I know how to put them in modes to read the voltage. I have a partner AA light which will only run on IMR batteries as long as the voltage is high enough. Overall I do not trust this brand will not buy any more of their products. Customer service is a joke unless I am the first person who they asked to send a light back to china for warranty issues. In closing I would pass on this until they get their heads out of their bottoms.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try to remain objective regarding Armytek brand but overall I feel this maker has major design and quality control issues. I currently own two Armytek lights; one i love and one is total junk. I have returned two armytek headlamps due to due to faulty voltage regulation which made one not run on regular AA batteries and one run on 14500 batteries. And yes I know how to put them in modes to read the voltage. I have a partner AA light which will only run on IMR batteries as long as the voltage is high enough. Overall I do not trust this brand will not buy any more of their products. Customer service is a joke unless I am the first person who they asked to send a light back to china for warranty issues. In closing I would pass on this until they get their heads out of their bottoms.

I, too, am a member of the disappointed-with-and don't trust-Armytek club.
But it seems membership is low, and enough folks keep buying to keep AT in business, so if Armytek is smart, it will improve, before they lose even those who are faithful to them without question. That should be good for everyone.

Devon

Newly Enlightened
I have a few of their products and would recommend them to a friend....no hesitation.

No idea what their customer service is like, I've never needed it.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few of their products and would recommend them to a friend....no hesitation.

No idea what their customer service is like, I've never needed it.

You are one of the lucky ones. The forums and youtube have been riddled with constant issues, inconsistencies, and problems with Armytek products. I really hope they are just working out the bugs(as they are fairly new to the market) and will improve because they have some great ideas and make a nice product when you get a good one. It sounds like they are trying from some of their recent interviews.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are one of the lucky ones. The forums and youtube have been riddled with constant issues, inconsistencies, and problems with Armytek products. I really hope they are just working out the bugs(as they are fairly new to the market) and will improve because they have some great ideas and make a nice product when you get a good one. It sounds like they are trying from some of their recent interviews.

If I were the head of the company and had a sincere intent to become a reputable manufacturer and an innovator in the flashlight business,
I'd be open and honest and disclose to the public the reasons behind the defects and failures, and what measures are in place and would be put into place to minimize or eliminate them.

MX421

Enlightened

Gyzmo2, isn't Armytek down the street from you? They are a Canadian company after all...:thinking:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just dangling that carrot on the end of the stick and enticing customers with "upgrades" to distract them from persisitent, unsolved quality issues, is not a good, sustainable business practice. Then again, there's a sucker born every minute. Perhaps it can be viable...

Latest posts